"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #21
Master Chef

I do hope it works out for you Corey, dogs are such wonderful companions. I can't imagine what my life would be like without them!

Old 02-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Thank you.

Yeah, I kind of settled down, and I now do volunteer work tutoring children in school. That's only two days a week.

I'd love to have a pet around, and Deuce will be the perfect pet, since he's a bulldog I know that he's already spoiled rotten. He likes to be pampered and spoiled. That's how bulldogs are. They'll love you to death, but they want & need the same attention back in return.

It'll be almost like adopting a child because he wants things handed to him on a silver platter.

I just know that we'll get along great! He'll want a lot of love and attention and I can give it to him.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #23
Master Chef

Corey, be careful, these spoiled rotten muts will take for everything they can get!!! When I am at home, working from home, sitting still, I have a lap companion all day long. The thing I like most about dogs is that unconditional love that they give you. It is such a refreshing feeling to come home and see how excited they are to see you... can't remember DH ever being that excited! Even if you are gone for 10 minutes, to them it is like days!

Keep us posted, I think Deuce will have a wonderful home with you!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:15 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Thank you.

Right now, my main goal is to try to aquire him. I sincerely hope that his owner likes my seggestion on getting him to me. I really want him so bad!

Yes you're right, they ARE spoiled. Bulldogs INSIST on getting their owners' complete undivided attention.

Deuce is a very loving dog, and he expects to be loved in return like all dogs and cats do. And they DO love to be in their masters' lap! Pets are just like taking care of a baby. You must plan your schedule around theirs.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #25
Assistant Cook

Awesome saving a dog from a kennel.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:13 AM   #26
Senior Cook

Rescuing dogs is awesome. Our first dog was a pound rescue puppy. He was a great dog, not a purebred, but neither were we. Our current dog was rescued by my grandparents' friends as a puppy when she was found wandering on the roadside. She lived with my grandpa until he died and we "inherited" her. She's a shorty Jack mix and is lazy, noisy, demanding, and uncooperative. In other words, she's family.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:41 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Yes, and if for some reason I don't get Deuce, I'll immediately start working on getting another Bulldog!

And I'll name HIM Deuce! But I truly hope and wish for it to work out well for me like my filing for disability did!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #28
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to stinemates Send a message via MSN to stinemates Send a message via Yahoo to stinemates Send a message via Skype™ to stinemates
They're so addicting, aren't they? :)
Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #29
Senior Cook

Biggest problem with mine is that he doesn't actually know that he's a dog - he's the master of the house and we just pay the bills :-)
Old 02-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #30
Senior Cook

lol, Tanya! That's exactly the way it is in our house, too!