May be Getting a Bulldog!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
I may be adopting a Bulldog through one of the rescue websites!

I've been inquiring about a particular one who lives in Connecticut.

Thought about it, and came to the realization that to buy one from a pet store or a kennel, he could cost as much as $2,000 to 4,000!!

So, I'm looking at this alternative option. I've already spoke to the owner, and she's about to let me have him. His name is Deuce and he's 7 years old.

She has another dog, but Deuce has become jealous, as he wants the attention and feels that he's not getting any and he feels being ignore and rejected.

In order for Deuce to be happy and feel loved and wanted, he has to be with someone who has no other pets in the house or apt. He likes to give warm wet sloppy kisses, she said, so I'll be waiting for him to stick to me like glue!

I told the owner that I'll gladly adopt Deuce and take him in so that he can get the love and attention that he craves and longs for. We just have to work out a plan for me to meet him and take him.

The owner is not charging me anything for Deuce. She has his papers and instructions on his UD diet just to keep him from getting stones in his bladder.

She just wants him to be happy with someone who can love and care for Deuce and spend some quality time with him - someone who will be in his life
and make him feel happy and wanted.

He's a lot like a child who nevers grows up. I'm quite sure that he will be happy and secure being with me!

Last edited:
Go to The Bulldog Club of America Rescue Network, click on Availible Bulldogs ad look for Deuce's name.

Click on it and you'll see a picture of him there.

Last edited:
I've had bulldogs pretty much my entire life.

Now that I have a family I had to give mine to my mom. I can't look at a picture of them without wanting them really bad, though!!! :)

They're really addicting, amazing dogs. Their personalities are definitely one of a kind, and they can fart with the best of them.

Are you sure, though, that you want to adopt a 7 year old? Their normal lifespan is between 8 and 10 years. The huge downside to bulldogs is, depending on heritage, they can really cost a LOT of money in vet bills, especially toward the end.

I hope you have a blast with Deuce :)

Oh, he's adorable! He looks like the perfect cuddle-buddy! You will have to post some pictures when he has settled in!

:)Barbara

...Are you sure, though, that you want to adopt a 7 year old? Their normal lifespan is between 8 and 10 years. The huge downside to bulldogs is, depending on heritage, they can really cost a LOT of money in vet bills, especially toward the end...
I wondered about that myself. Not Corey's wanting to adopt and care for him (I assume he knows what he can expect, and I applaud him for that), but why the other people want to get rid of him. Yes, I know he doesn't get along with other dogs, but at his age I have a feeling he was there first and a younger one came along later. I see ads all the time for older dogs that people just don't want to deal with. Too many people are only happy with young, fun dogs. Still, it is better that they give them to someone who cares than to have them "put to sleep," or to just dump them.

Last edited:
They are. I want one so bad!

Now I feel that Deuce might be slipping away from me because I can't get there to get him without a car! Amtrak won't accommodate pets like the airlines will.

The only other way to get there is to rent a car.

Yes, I was told that they are subject to health problems later in life, which at times can shorten their life span. But with continued maintenance, good health practices, a healthy lifestyle and goo eating, they can live long happy and healthy lives.

And yes, they DO like to fart! They're just like humans, in a way. They want the same things that we do; To be loved, wanted, understood and live long healthy lives.

Last edited:
Watch all the Dog Whisperer shows ya can before getting him..that will help you get off to a good start with him =o) Its on Discovery Chanel.

They are. I want one so bad!

Now I feel that Deuce might be slipping away from me because I can get there to get him without a car! Amtrak won't accommodate pets like the airlines will.

The only other way to get there is to rent a car.
Could a friend drive you?

My moms husband was a world champion wrestler but maybe more famous for raising/breeding/rearing/judging bulldogs. His picture is on page 13 with his gazillion dollar goldmine Prince Domino.

My son now owns a bulldog. He fell in love with them when he was little and visited with my mom and Lee. His girl is Maggie Mae and he adores her...

They are wonderful dogs, very loving...

There is now renewed hope of me meeting and having Deuce!

I think I've just devised another plan that might work. Hopefully, I can meet his owner halfway and make the exchange in Providence. Then take him home on the commuter rail back to Boston.

Last edited:
Thanx.

There's no other breed of dog that I'd want to be with me than the English Bulldog! I just can't pass him up!

He'll make a great companion!! He just has that uglybug cuteness that I just can't stop admiring!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom