Maybe a good day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
It's looking like my C. caninus (Emerald tree Boa) girl is ovulating and might be gravid!:) This would mean some greatly needed income. Got about 160 to 180 days post ovulatory shed to wait though. If she is, this shed should happen in the next couple weeks.

Craig

OMG........more than I ever wanted to know. :shock::blink::w00t2:

Corallus caninus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why is that? My girl puts those in your link to shame!;)

pattern%20top%20head.jpg

head%20right%20tongue.jpg

Craig

Thanks, now Florida is off my list!

That's cool.:rolleyes: Since they are native to the tropical rainforests of northern South America, don't understand what Florida has to do with anything.:ermm:

Craig

She's beautiful. Is this her first ... what do you call it?

If this goes to term, it will be her first litter. This boa species bear live young. In essence, the female retains the eggs until they "hatch". Most of our native venomous snakes bear live young, with the exception of coral snakes.

Craig

LOL!

Wow, she's gorgeous! Can't wait for the baby pics!

Thanks! I'll post pics if she does deliver.;) Though, there are litters that have babies with adult coloration, most emeralds are born orange.

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
it is beautiful and the article is very interesting. i learned somethings . i really don't want to hold it though. i have know people that had boas for pets and gave them the run of the house.

Oh the babies are cute as long as you don't get your fingers or hands anywhere near them. Their first instinct is to strike at anything that comes near them out of fear. Little buggers bites don't really hurt but their tiny, tiny little teeth can break off in your skin and then they itch like crazy until your body works them out.

I get the nanny/nursery attendant duties generally when we have babies since my hands are so much smaller than Craig's and you have to be very gentle and delicate with them if you have to handle them. And it's so much "fun" if one of them doesn't want or know how to eat and you have to help it learn to eat.

Back
Top Bottom