Maybe I'll Get a Real Job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Just got a phone call from an HR lady in Milwaukee representing a company whose job opening I answered on monster.com almost 3 weeks ago. Technical editing - my fave thing to do.

We have a phone interview scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Please cross your fingers for me, folks. I need to start making real money again.

Good luck, mudbug.

I'm in the same boat - looking for a job, that is. Have only been able to land the occasional temporary positions.

Keep us posted.

I don't know whether to cross my fingers and pray really hard that you get the job or to be selfish and pray you DON'T! We will miss you mudbug!

You know I am teasing. I wish you the best of luck, but you won't need it. At that interview she will see what we all know here already, you are wonderful!

Mudbug,

Hope everthing works out for you. Wishing you the best of all things.
kadesma:)

Mudbug goto their website and read up on the company. Never talk about past jobs negativly. Prepare yourself before the interview with a nice cup of tea or water. Remember not to slouch in your seat. When you sit upright your voice sounds more entergetic. Prepare before they call and...... GOD BLESS!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Never forget the value of a good hand shake. Firm. If your potential employer is German, once up, once down. As a woman working in a man's world (when I worked, haha), it is amazing how many times being able to shake hands got me respect. No limp fingers, no contest to see who is strongest. It sounds stupid and old-fashioned, but a good handshake at the beginning can't hurt and might help.

i hope you do good on the interview 'bug. where is the job at?

(lol, sorry, had to do that to you....)

seriously, good luck...

:clap: :clap:

Well. One e-mailed, one-page resume, one phone interview, two on-site interviews, one online application, and the job is mine.

I'm getting the official offer letter via FedEx tomorrow. I start the day after Labor Day.

One of the nice parts is that I don't have to do any of the icky things I used to have to do at my similar old job, and all of the fun ones. I also found out recently that this company was mentioned a couple of years ago in Forbes as one of the best 100 companies to work for.

Thanks for everyone's moral support. I'm pumped.

Back
Top Bottom