McDonald's Crab Sandwich now exists in California..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was my first thought, too. My second thought was, "Where did that 'crab' come from?" China, perhaps?

None for me, thank you.

CD

When you find crawfish tails in the frozen section at RD that are packaged in Breaux Bridge, LA but the fine print on the back states "Product of China", you realize just how far they will go to deceive.:mad: The reason Karen looked at it in the first place was that Breaux Bridge was on the package. That day was when the packagers of that product surpassed personal injury lawyers to claim the lowest level of slime under the rock.:ROFLMAO:

When you find crawfish tails in the frozen section at RD that are packaged in Breaux Bridge, LA but the fine print on the back states "Product of China", you realize just how far they will go to deceive.:mad: The reason Karen looked at it in the first place was that Breaux Bridge was on the package. That day was when the packagers of that product surpassed personal injury lawyers to claim the lowest level of slime under the rock.:ROFLMAO:

Wow, crawfish live in mud... well, at least here they do. Who knows what crawfish live in at crawfish farms in China.

Before I would even think about one of those McD's crab sandwiches, I'd have to know, first of all, if it is real crab, and where did it come from.

CD

Last edited:
Lol @"krab", Craigsy, on a coupla levels.

Since real crab is so expensive, you can rule out that a fast food giant would use it. It has to be "krab".

So, is it a single type of fish that's similar in texture but cut or stamped to look like carb?
Still too much.

How about various white fishes ground up and set into shape with starch and colouring?

Even that's probably too good. They must have figured out a way to repurpose their unsold fish sandwiches.

Bucky, imitation crab meat, AKA "krab," is made of ground up fish meat, mixed with food starch and artificial flavors, and formed into crabmeat-like shapes.

If you like sushi, you have probably eaten krab.

I personally think krab tastes nasty. Then again, I don't like sushi, either.

CD

Yup, I have imitation crab made from Alaskan pollocks in my freezer right now. And I agree, it's not very good. Dumb pollocks (I mean the fish, of course).

We use it to make maki, and stuffed mushrooms on occasion.

But I think they found they had lots of unsold filet-o-fishes and repurposed them into krab slime.

I am going to pass on this one. In fact, this is one time I am grateful for being allergic to a food. That picture looks like the left over garbage.

I'm not one to see McD's as evil.

And they do serve food to many, many folks so they must be doing something right.

It's not gourmet but they don't purport to be so.

And I'll admit to a Big Mac attack a few times a year. :yum:

But I don't think I'll try this crab sammie they offer. :rolleyes:

As we see it's real crab but it's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callinectes_sapidus

Now call me spoiled but I grew up on and live close enough to have a supply of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callinectes_sapidus
That to me is crab.
And to add to my crab snobbery I have to say that MD. crabs beat those Louisiana crabs hands down. We get them here in the off season and they just aren't the same to me.

Now if McD's could give me a crab sammie of my beloved MD. blue crab I'd be all over it. :chef:

Lol @"krab", Craigsy, on a coupla levels.

Since real crab is so expensive, you can rule out that a fast food giant would use it. It has to be "krab".

So, is it a single type of fish that's similar in texture but cut or stamped to look like carb?
Still too much.

How about various white fishes ground up and set into shape with starch and colouring?

Even that's probably too good. They must have figured out a way to repurpose their unsold fish sandwiches.

They use real lobster in their lobster rolls in Maine, so real crab wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I'd sure give it a shot, but I suspect our McD's in the great midwest will probably never get it.

Bakechef, do you mean that McD's in Maine have lobstah sandwiches?

I'd sure give it a shot, but I suspect our McD's in the great midwest will probably never get it.

Bakechef, do you mean that McD's in Maine have lobstah sandwiches?

Hmmmm, I wonder if McD's in Arkansas have McPossum sandwiches? :mrgreen:

CD

Have you ever had one, bakechef?

I don't care for seafood, but I've known people who have tried them and honestly they said that they weren't bad. Of course, it can't hold a candle to the local ones up there but it wasn't a disaster either.

Back
Top Bottom