McDonald's shuffles US menu in value makeover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
McDonald's shuffles US menu in value makeover | Reuters

McDonald's Corp restaurants in the United States will be tweaking and expanding their promoted value-priced items later this month as many diners remain strapped for cash and the world's biggest hamburger chain works to increase its lead over rivals.

McDonald's will change national advertising for its Dollar Menu, removing small drinks and small french fries and replacing those items with fresh baked cookies and ice cream cones, Neil Golden, chief marketing officer for McDonald's USA, told Reuters in an interview.

Restaurant operators, who bear more of the brunt of higher food costs, often follow suit.

On March 26, McDonald's also will debut an "Extra Value Menu".

That menu will include 20-piece chicken McNuggets, double cheeseburgers, chicken snack wraps, Angus snack wraps, medium iced coffees and snack-sized McFlurries, plus up to four regional options, that were previously listed elsewhere on its menu.

McDonald's will change national advertising for its Dollar Menu, removing small drinks and small french fries and replacing those items with fresh baked cookies and ice cream cones, Neil Golden, chief marketing officer for McDonald's USA, told Reuters in an interview.
That's kind of bizarre. No, you can't have a small drink anymore. You have to get a bigger drink. We can sell you our jumbo drink, our colossal drink, or our stupendously ginormous drink, but we don't sell small drinks anymore...

Ditto the fries. If you don't want a small fries then how about a cookie? How about a hamburger and ice cream cone instead? Nix the hamburger and small fries. (86 it if you remember the old term.) Now you have to get a hamburger and big fries. There isn't enough fat and cholesterol in the hamburger and small fries. You have to clog your arteries quicker by super sizing your fries!

I wonder if the fresh baked cookies will be subject to freezer burn...

Last edited:
It's the reverse of the Super Size that went defunct. . .now, you have to be Medium Sized? OR a equally tasty, yet non-waistline friendly treat. . .oh well. No loss here.

McPuke can change anything they want. Still won't change the fact its all garbbage and none of my money will ever find its way into their coffers.;)

That's kind of bizarre. No, you can't have a small drink anymore. You have to get a bigger drink. We can sell you our jumbo drink, our colossal drink, or our stupendously ginormous drink, but we don't sell small drinks anymore...

Ditto the fries. If you don't want a small fries then how about a cookie? How about a hamburger and ice cream cone instead? Nix the hamburger and small fries. (86 it if you remember the old term.) Now you have to get a hamburger and big fries. There isn't enough fat and cholesterol in the hamburger and small fries. You have to clog your arteries quicker by super sizing your fries!

I wonder if the fresh baked cookies will be subject to freezer burn...

I think the small fries and drink will exist, but for more than a buck.

They should just stick to the KISS principle.
I think they're more into micro-management. They have so many restaurants with such a huge volume that if they can change something and make a few more cents per transaction that could result in millions of dollars per year profit increase. I don't like their restaurants but I can understand why they tweak their formula the way they do, to increase volume and increase the profit line.

In this topic I'm using the word "restaurant" loosely. Technically fast food joints are "restaurants" but it galls me to include them in with all the fine food establishments that are real restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom