McDonalds To NOW offer salads in value meals...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't you can choose the salad? In Italy the mix salad there is since several years, if I remember right.

The only thing I like at McDonald's is breakfast and milkshakes. I am not a burger lover, and I will occasionally eat one or two of my husband's fries. I don't even order the breakfast value meals because I don't want the hash browns. Potatoes are not high on my list.

No one I know goes to McDonalds to eat healthful meals. Salads on the menu are there to appease the food police.

It's just an expression. I'm referring to news reports that McDonald's food is unhealthy. To improve their image, McD adds fruits, milk and salads to their menu.

I understood it. I mean that from here don't seem you have some terrible "food police" that picks on junk food. My boyfriend went to NY some year ago and, from what he told me, McDonald is only a little part of a bigger problem.
But my "here" is quite far from "there", so I don't know.

I understood it. I mean that from here don't seem you have some terrible "food police" that picks on junk food. My boyfriend went to NY some year ago and, from what he told me, McDonald is only a little part of a bigger problem.

Fast food restaurants are notorious for unhealthful foods. They are not the whole problem but a significant part of it.

We also have fast foods, but aren't so many (McDonald, Burger King and Spizzico, the fast food of the pizza) and are a little more "healthy" than the original ones (less strange souces, salads, pasta). Couldn't they be more a sympton than the real problem?

It's just an expression. I'm referring to news reports that McDonald's food is unhealthy. To improve their image, McD adds fruits, milk and salads to their menu.

I think there is a little more to it than that. If there's a group of people and most want to stop at McDonalds, at least there are some choices for people who don't want to eat the normal fast food fare. By having a choice of a salad and fruit, they can have something more to their liking.

McDonald's burgers are not known to be really healthy, with or without fries.

Yeah .. Going to any fast food restaurant - and even most other restaurants - is not known to be healthy.

And having a salad is not going to help.

So I will have fries.

I will eat healthy when I am at home.

McD has invaded Britain too and seems to be on every street corner. I use them very occasionally when I'm travelling as they are open 24hours in many areas but I get horrendous indigestion every time.

I'm given to understand that the McD burger in UK is a mile beneath the US version. The meat part is thin and pretty tasteless, the cheese is plastic and it doesn't seem to have as much pickle as it used to. Yuck! It certainly doesn't look like the burgers Guy Fieri finds on Tripple D.

McD is desperately trying to persuade the British public that their offerings are healthy. Salads are available, adverts tell us that the meat is sourced from Ireland and the UK (which was somewhat ironic since the Great 2013 Horsemeat Scandal seems to have first surfaced in Ireland) and they try to persuade us that they are doing their best to support British farmers - Oh, yeah, and we believe that!

What really gets me is that McD seems to be a very popular venue for children's parties. :ohmy:

There are other burger chains in the UK so McD is not on its own.

Last edited:
That looks like both a map of the UK and a clogged artery.

:LOL:

Many years ago, I was in London on a school trip, and I came across the grand opening of the first McDonald's there. Huge line out the door. Watched an elegantly dressed man come out of McD's, take a bite of his burger, spit it out, and throw the rest in the trash, muttering something about how awful it tasted, and that the Americans can have it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom