Meal Timing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Just Curious. My husband and I were able to retire early. I love to cook, and he does as well, but, in fact, we'd like for all of that to be done at a relatively early hour. Today I asked my husband if he'd mind if we moved our meals to be small breakfast, large lunch, small supper; at least when we have no guests. I'm much more energetic in the morning than in the late afternoon/evening. I asked him his opinion on doing that just at home when it is the two of us. I asked him if it'd be OK to slowly segue to our main meal being lunch rather that supper. He absolutely agreed. Out of curiousity, have any of you decided to change meal times over the years?

i still eat my largest meal at dinner. but i do find i don't like to eat past seven p.m. i also find i am not making large amounts these days. living alone, i get sick of leftovers. and one can only freeze so much.

On my days off our large meal is usually around 4 pm with a light supper about 8 pm.

That's about the time I have my "lunch hour" (4 pm) at work. On work days, I don't tend to eat when I get home, because I'm off to bed.

my life is upside down due to work, so meals are when i get hungry for the most part.

there are days when i get out of work at 8am and could go for a cold beer and sizzling steak, or maybe a pizza and mussels.

i often eat a meal at 3am of either take out or reheated leftovers. sometimes it's the only meal that i'll eat in a 24 hour period. i'm just not hungry when i get up in the afternoon, so i'll wrap up whatever dw made for dinner to take into work later.

the difficult part is on my day off, i'll wake up from being hungry in the middle of the night. i find snacking on salty proteins like prosciutto or cheese helps me get back to sleep. trail mix also does the job.

my life is upside down due to work, so meals are when i get hungry for the most part.

there are days when i get out of work at 8am and could go for a cold beer and sizzling steak, or maybe a pizza and mussels.

i often eat a meal at 3am of either take out or reheated leftovers. sometimes it's the only meal that i'll eat in a 24 hour period. i'm just not hungry when i get up in the afternoon, so i'll wrap up whatever dw made for dinner to take into work later.

the difficult part is on my day off, i'll wake up from being hungry in the middle of the night. i find snacking on salty proteins like prosciutto or cheese helps me get back to sleep. trail mix also does the job.

Don't I know! Try to find Tacos at 7 in the morning!:LOL:

i still eat my largest meal at dinner. but i do find i don't like to eat past seven p.m. i also find i am not making large amounts these days. living alone, i get sick of leftovers. and one can only freeze so much.

Sounds like me. I've been trying to convince myself that if I have everything ready to go, to go ahead and make my dish and eat whatever time it is. I don't have to please anyone but myself, but old habits die hard.

SO still works part-time. Typically we eat our breakfasts individually. She's not always ready to eat breakfast when I am. Lunches on the weekends are often the same. During the week, SO eats at work and I have my lunch around 2:00

I time dinner, our biggest meal of the day, to be ready shortly after she gets home. She usually arrives a little before 7:00PM and likes to sit and relax for a few minutes before we eat. As a result, dinner is around 7:30 to 8:00.

When I was working, my lunchtime was usually around 1:00pm but there would be days I wouldn't get a lunch break at all. Getting off at 5:00pm put me home 5:30, and needing some unwind time, supper wouldn't be until around 7:00pm. That schedule seems to have been ingrained somehow because that is still the way we eat. The exception is Sunday when we go out for a big meal after church and have light supper in the evening.

my mealtimes have changed from when i was a tot: we used 2 dine @ 5, 6. nowadays, dinner is often @ say, 5 in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom