"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

i have no idea how i'm gonna handle my son. my parents never knew where i was or what i was up to, i was so good at covering my tracks. and the few times the i was busted, i talked my way out of it. i spun fantastic tales with just enough verifiable truth to create plausible deniability.

at least he won't be able to make something up, because i know you have to be a detective, and check every single lead, and detail.

(cue law and order music) da dummmm, da da dum dum duuummmmmm

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
I choke up at the drop of a hat, and your (1st) post was no exception, Shannon

While we might have called them every name under the sun and swore that one day we would be "different", I am thank-ful every day for the way that my mother raised me. She was (is) a truly shinning example of excellent parenthood, and if one day Tony and I are blessed with a family, I can only hope to be a fraction of as great a mom as she was.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:44 AM   #13
cartwheelmac

My mom is MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN! We don't go over to friends houses to play, they have to come over here (Not saying I want to go over there). And what makes me gag is the kids next door drink 3-5 cans of coke a day!!!!!!!!! That just makes me gag! 1 coke is enough for me. We drink coke probably 1 or 2 x a month! 2 cokes in one day is enough to make throw up (it happened once)!

Cameron
Old 01-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
I have never been a parent, but I had to do just this to someone who means so very much to me not long ago. The person was just heading for a wrong direction that would bring him to no good whatsoever. He thought it was a great idea at that time and I was certain that he would misinterpret my good intention if I were to intervene. But I just couldn't let him go on into that direction if I was going to put myself on his "evil list" forever. Finally I chose to risk ruining our relationship I treasure for his own sake.
But as it turned out I opened his eyes right there and then, and he thanked me, and we grew even closer. Now I saw these words and I can't agree more... it is so true. Thanks Shannon for sharing... and it came in just the right moment
Listen to your heart all the time, and listen even more.It always works at the end of the day. You don't have to be a mommy or daddy , you just have to love the one you are with.