Meatloaf - the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just eyeball all my ingredients...ground beef, an egg, minced onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, BBQ sauce and either bread crumbs, corn flake crumbers, or cracker crumbs.

We love meatloaf...glad you brought it up. We haven't had any in a long time.

I serve it with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas, or beef flavored Rice-a-roni with added mushrooms and frozen peas.
I always make extra, as we also enjoy a leftover meatloaf sandwich with catsup...hot or cold.

There are a lot of good ways to make it...try making a search.

love meatloaf
make mine with meat loaf mix (beef veal pork) 1 1/2 lbs. an egg, instant oatmeal (as the crumbs) couple tbspns catsup, several dashes worcestershire sauce, a dash or two hot sauce, 1/2 tsp thyme, many grinds of black pepper, many dashes soy sauce (for the salt), minced onion, parsley, even finely chopped mushrooms. shape into loaf, glaze with soy sauce, cover with a few strips of bacon,
bake 1 hr 350* oven.

I love meatloaf but don't often make it. There is a South African Version called bobotie which is slightly spicy and cooked with a sauce on top that is lovely.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:, Remember we all are foodies on here ! Iam still chuckling !! lol, be a little clearer next time !! This made my day !!!! :ROFLMAO:
Your question was a little confusing to me !

Last edited:
Since this thread is about a band and not related to cooking - I have moved it out of the food forums into the off-topic forum and changed the title from "meatloaf" to reflect the intent of the original poster, "meatloaf - the band"

Michael in FtW
Site Moderator

Michael in FtW said:
Since this thread is about a band and not related to cooking - I have moved it out of the food forums into the off-topic forum and changed the title from "meatloaf" to reflect the intent of the original poster, "meatloaf - the band"

Michael in FtW
Site Moderator

Well that would explain why I haven't read a single band reference yet, even though the subject line clearly stated "the band" :wacko:

That said, I'm not big on wheat bread except when it comes to leftover meatloaf sandwiches. Throw on a little mustard :) , Oh yeah babe. I never eat a cold meatloaf sandwich with catsup or mayo anymore. And I just love hot meatloaf sandwiches with gravy on the fries....... Oh, the band? :LOL: He's alright. Big in high school. Had a couple buddies playing the heck out of his "Bat out of H" album that were going through girl problems. Nowadays I don't mind a song or two for nostalgia's sake.

There, I covered both topics!

Back
Top Bottom