"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #111
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Oh trust me I am used to being confused. It is my normal state of being
Now, put down that joint....

One reason I dropped out college....thanks to the evil weed, it really slowed me down academically ...

Old 02-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #112
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Now, put down that joint....

One reason I dropped out college....thanks to the evil weed, it really slowed me down academically ...
I remember that commercial, where 2 grown men were still living in their mother's basement....yeah, they'd look for a job. Tomorrow.

I had friends in HS and college whose lives were taken over by apathy from regular recreational partaking, and their grades and ambitions suffered.

On the other hand, it appears much MM is bred so the THC content is limited. The salves and oils for kids having seizures, for example. Now for people in significant pain and/or undergoing chemo, I'd think they'd get the real deal.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #113
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I remember that commercial, where 2 grown men were still living in their mother's basement....yeah, they'd look for a job. Tomorrow.

I had friends in HS and college whose lives were taken over by apathy from regular recreational partaking, and their grades and ambitions suffered.

On the other hand, it appears much MM is bred so the THC content is limited. The salves and oils for kids having seizures, for example. Now for people in significant pain and/or undergoing chemo, I'd think they'd get the real deal.
That's one of two anti-drug ads I have ever seen that I thought were any good.

The other one was Mr. Junior Executive, wearing an expensive suit. He went into a washroom stall and pulled out a tiny vial of white powder. He dropped it and it rolled behind the toilet. Then you see him crawling on his hands and knees, in the expensive suit, trying to retrieve his vial. Not one word in the ad.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #114
Chief Eating Officer

Very little of the MM has limited THC. There are only certain strains that are bred that way. You can get pot that affects you in any way you can imagine these days. The days of people being comatose after getting high are long gone (unless that is specifically what they are looking for). There are plenty of strains that energize you and make you more active then you were before using it.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #115
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Here is some info on the US marijuana tax stamp. NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws
Interesting site, thanks, GB!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #116
Chief Eating Officer

Anytime Dawgluver!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #117
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I was married to a man who sold all the furniture to fund his MJ habit...furniture that was handmade for me as payment for full time babysitting three summers. I have no tolerance for dopers, but if a patient, friend or family needed it for a medical reason, legal or not, I would help.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #118
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
It seems MM and legal LM are grown to maximize the content of THC.
Now if you want to extract other chemicals and THC is not important, I can see growing for the specific reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was married to a man who sold all the furniture to fund his MJ habit...furniture that was handmade for me as payment for full time babysitting three summers. I have no tolerance for dopers, but if a patient, friend or family needed it for a medical reason, legal or not, I would help.
Habit? Dopers? Really?
I have been exposed to M all my life and have known people who smoke the product regularly and those who only smoke occasionally.
I can assure you these people are not addicted to anything and are quite reliable folks. Most as normal as one can be.

Now I have known a couple people that had cocaine addictions that stole from their parents.
I would never ever consider putting the M users in the same sentence as these people. Ever.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #119
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
It seems MM and legal LM are grown to maximize the content of THC.
Now if you want to extract other chemicals and THC is not important, I can see growing for the specific reason.

Habit? Dopers? Really?
I have been exposed to M all my life and have known people who smoke the product regularly and those who only smoke occasionally.
I can assure you these people are not addicted to anything and are quite reliable folks. Most as normal as one can be.

Now I have known a couple people that had cocaine addictions that stole from their parents.
I would never ever consider putting the M users in the same sentence as these people. Ever.
You SEEM to have missed the part where I said I was MARRIED to this man. I know he is a DOPER and it is HIS HABIT. This is my personal experience with it, stop telling me I am incorrect when I say something.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #120
Head Chef

Sounds like the man had way more issues than smoking an occasional blunt, so it's not really fair to blame marijuana for someone's crazy.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote