"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #121
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You SEEM to have missed the part where I said I was MARRIED to this man. I know he is a DOPER and it is HIS HABIT. This is my personal experience with it, stop telling me I am incorrect when I say something.
+1 Fi.

Fi didn't say he was addicted. She said it was a habit.
And calling someone who uses dope a doper... that might be a genertional thing. Doper, burnout... kind of an adjective to describe a certain type of user. Fi would know.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #122
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You SEEM to have missed the part where I said I was MARRIED to this man. I know he is a DOPER and it is HIS HABIT. This is my personal experience with it, stop telling me I am incorrect when I say something.
Not trying to correct you at all. I just have an opinion like everyone else. Sometimes a strong opinion.
I apologize for anything I may have said that bothered you.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #123
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh View Post
Sounds like the man had way more issues than smoking an occasional blunt, so it's not really fair to blame marijuana for someone's crazy.
I am not blaming MJ, I have indulged myself and I don't sell my furniture or pawn items to support ANY habit. I used no words in the above post to suggest I thought anyone who use or used IS a doper or they have a habit. I did suggest that ONE MAN had a habit and that he was a doper, others with the same behavior as his, I consider dopers. The exes other problems probably did add to his habit, but those are not being discussed here.

And again, another point was missed, I support the use of Medical MJ and think it should be decriminalized if not legal, I am willing to obtain it for anyone who needs it for a medical reason.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #124
Chief Eating Officer

People are all individuals and should not be lumped into one category because they use a substance. Like you roll bones I have been around plenty of people who have used pot quite frequently. Almost all of them would be considered fine upstanding citizens of the highest caliber. They contribute to society, help others around them, donate to charity with both their wallets and their actions, and do everything else you would want a person to do. They also happen to enjoy using pot. BUT that does not mean that there are not others who use it and it ruins them as a person. I have never met PF's husband, but I know that if PF says something then you can take it to the bank. Each person is their own person.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #125
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
People are all individuals and should not be lumped into one category because they use a substance. Like you roll bones I have been around plenty of people who have used pot quite frequently. Almost all of them would be considered fine upstanding citizens of the highest caliber. They contribute to society, help others around them, donate to charity with both their wallets and their actions, and do everything else you would want a person to do. They also happen to enjoy using pot. BUT that does not mean that there are not others who use it and it ruins them as a person. I have never met PF's husband, but I know that if PF says something then you can take it to the bank. Each person is their own person.
Thanks GB!!! and that is ex-husband...got rid of him when I was 20, met Shrek when I was 21. Went from the frying pan to the penthouse. No, not THAT Penthouse...
Old 03-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #126
Chief Eating Officer

Old 03-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #127
Executive Chef

I read today that Florida is voting on MM in November.
I am hoping that Georgia and even SC will follow suit. But I have serious reservations about SC.
We have Nikki Haley for a governor. Theres little doubt she would get in the way of any attempt in this state.
So the best we can hope for is MM within driving distance. NC is another state also discussing a vote. I am 4 miles from the NC border.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #128
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I agree with Vit.
Talking about this runs parallel with talking about gay marriage. Kind of.

That said, I think they should legalize marijuana across the board. Look what prohibition did. I still can't believe there are dry counties. But I can't believe a program about making moonshine is right either.
Legalize it, let the gov't set up their restrictions and get their cut and call it a day.

And I also read it helped control seizures. And treated the effects of concussions. That can only be a good thing.
There has been some suggestion that it can help MS sufferers.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #129
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Now, put down that joint....

One reason I dropped out college....thanks to the evil weed, it really slowed me down academically ...
There was a lot of it around when I was a student but I never tried it. Not because I was a prude but because the smell of it when it was being smoked by other people made me feel sick.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #130
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
There was a lot of it around when I was a student but I never tried it. Not because I was a prude but because the smell of it when it was being smoked by other people made me feel sick.
Speaking of smell, most regular users reek of marijuana smell.