"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #131
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Speaking of smell, most regular users reek of marijuana smell.
How can you say that? You do not smell the ones who do not smell so how do you know they are not regular users?

There are many users who vaporize or eat their marijuana. You will not smell it on those users even seconds after they have used.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #132
Assistant Cook

Our local Hershey chocolate plant has recently been turned into a medical marijuana facility, run by the government. It should be interesting to watch how this progresses, and what the news says about it.

Personally I have no opinion for or against. I dislike most drugs, legal too....can't take 'em, not even blood pressure meds to save my life.

I don't think I'm going to live to 84, like my dear old Mom did. Dad is still alive at 88 and wondering why. I think it's because he's afraid to die. Believes in hell and a punishing God.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #133
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomaW View Post
I dislike most drugs, legal too....can't take 'em, not even blood pressure meds to save my life.
A segue here----- many people who can't tolerate legal drugs may just not be able to tolerate them at the ''normal" dose docs often prescribe. If you're female that's even more of a problem because a lot of legal drugs and their doses are derived from testing on males.

If you want to take a blood pressure medicine but the side effects are too much for you---- you can try a different class and/or a reduced amount. Just if you're interested.

For instance, I can get the same result from a common sleep med by taking a quarter of the tablet that some people get by taking the entire tablet.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #134
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
There are many users who vaporize or eat their marijuana. You will not smell it on those users even seconds after they have used.
You're right. But I can smell it on those who regularly smoke it, including cigarettes, mostly on their clothes.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #135
Executive Chef

Quote:
Speaking of smell, most regular users reek of marijuana smell.
As do regular cigarette smokers and people who eat lots of garlic.

Quote:
How can you say that? You do not smell the ones who do not smell so how do you know they are not regular users?
I am amazed at some comments but not surprised. This country has been led down a road of lies for years.
The government has lied, the law enforcement folks have lied and the "sobriety" folks have helped to fuel these lies for many years.

To even believe that marijuana users can be identified just by their use alone is silly. There are people in everyones life at some point that were using M and leading exemplary lives without anyone knowing the truth.
Preachers, doctors, lawyers, cops, judges and many other respected people in our communities use M with no consequence or negative outcome. (unless they get busted and put in jail)

These folks have much to lose by coming out on the subject. Some rely on these archaic laws to provide them with work.
Imagine how many people lose their jobs if M is legalized in all of the US.
IMO, this is the stumbling block.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #136
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
You're right. But I can smell it on those who regularly smoke it, including cigarettes, mostly on their clothes.
You can smell it on some who regularly smoke. My point is that there are most likely many others that smoke on a reg basis and you have no idea. You only think they are not users because you don't smell it on them. It is very possible that they are reg users and you just do not smell it on them. Pot is not like cigs when it comes to smell. Someone can take one hit of pot and stand with the wind to their backs and expel the smoke so that it never touches them quite easily. You would never know unless you saw them doing it. You only smell it on the users who you smell it on. But I can promise you there are users who you do not smell it on.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #137
Master Chef

Regardless of my disapproval it got approved in MN yesterday. (if I heard news right)
Old 03-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #138
Master Chef

Quote:
You can smell it on some who regularly smoke. My point is that there are most likely many others that smoke on a reg basis and you have no idea. You only think they are not users because you don't smell it on them. It is very possible that they are reg users and you just do not smell it on them. Pot is not like cigs when it comes to smell. Someone can take one hit of pot and stand with the wind to their backs and expel the smoke so that it never touches them quite easily. You would never know unless you saw them doing it. You only smell it on the users who you smell it on. But I can promise you there are users who you do not smell it on.
I agree.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #139
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Regardless of my disapproval it got approved in MN yesterday. (if I heard news right)
I sure hope this is true. We keep this up and all of the US can join the rest of the civilized world.

I just checked and saw that MN is not medical legal just yet. But looks like MN is on the path to normalcy.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #140
Executive Chef

It's a medical marijuana bill before the MN legislature. I think it passed a committee vote so far. Sparking equal controversy is a proposed change to law that allows Sunday liquor sales. A perennial favorite to kick around along with increased gambling facilities. The medical marijuana bill might just sneak through, although the otherwise liberal governor is not quite on board.