"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #171
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
Deposits are paid for when purchasing the container and its contents. The refund is just getting back (refunding) what was already paid. There is no income unless you do this for a living.
But even in this case, it would be double taxation as deposit is taken out of the initial purchase price of the item.
Once again, I am not stupid, you do not have to teach/correct me. I was merely clarifying what Addie had said.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #172
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PM starts at noontime.
Ahhh OK, my bad for not realizing you were talking about Sunday only. I read that as you meaning every day. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

So getting back on topic, what about your comment about the state dragging their heels on MM? Can you elaborate on that?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #173
Executive Chef

I was going to post a question about medical marijuana but decided to google it first. I am so glad I did!! I was so far off base, you guys would have been laughing for days!! And no, I'm NOT going to tell you what the question was.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #174
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Ahhh OK, my bad for not realizing you were talking about Sunday only. I read that as you meaning every day. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

So getting back on topic, what about your comment about the state dragging their heels on MM? Can you elaborate on that?

It just seems to be taking way too long to do as the voters want. I am surprised that our Legislature hasn't found some way to over ride the want on the voters.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #175
Chief Eating Officer

Can you be more specific? The law has been passed. The licenses have issued. What is taking too long? What do you feel they have not done that they should have already done?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #176
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Can you be more specific? The law has been passed. The licenses have issued. What is taking too long? What do you feel they have not done that they should have already done?
Then why have none of the licensees opened for business?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #177
Chief Eating Officer

Well for one thing, it has only been just over 2 months since the law went into effect. That is not a whole lot of time to have applicants go through the approval process. Even at that though they did get that part done. As I mentioned above though, there were some who felt the approval process was unfairly done so they have decided that it would be smart to not rush things and make sure things are done equitably. Would you agree it is better to make sure things are done right the first time instead of rushing to get it done super quickly? How soon after the law passed would you have felt it would have been reasonable to have the dispensaries open for business?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #178
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Well for one thing, it has only been just over 2 months since the law went into effect. That is not a whole lot of time to have applicants go through the approval process. Even at that though they did get that part done. As I mentioned above though, there were some who felt the approval process was unfairly done so they have decided that it would be smart to not rush things and make sure things are done equitably. Would you agree it is better to make sure things are done right the first time instead of rushing to get it done super quickly? How soon after the law passed would you have felt it would have been reasonable to have the dispensaries open for business?
Six to nine months. And that includes background checks. Those only take minutes. That is one of the jobs my daughter does when a Statie calls in for Wants and Warrants on a suspect. Those could be handled in just one day. Even though the police can go back only five years, the person being looked at still has his whole life criminal history available to certain State employees. So there is very little chance of some coming in under the radar.

If the Commission met more often, the dispensaries would be opened by now.

Believe me GB, it is not that I want to buy any. I have never tried it or have any interest in doing so. It is just that when the voters speak, our members of the Legislature are slow to act. Specially those who disapprove of, or disagree with the popular vote.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #179
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Six to nine months.
We are just in the beginning of the 3rd month so they still have three to six months to get the dispensaries open according to your timeline before you should feel they are not moving fast enough.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #180
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I was going to post a question about medical marijuana but decided to google it first. I am so glad I did!! I was so far off base, you guys would have been laughing for days!! And no, I'm NOT going to tell you what the question was.
"Can you get high on MM?"