Medical Marijuana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you being sarcastic roadfix or are you being serious. If you are being serious then why do you think he would go through the trouble of reporting it if he was just then going to turn around and cheat? If you were being sarcastic then as Rosanne Rosanadana said....Nevermind.

Because some people believe that even though pot is illegal that it should not be and in every other area of their life they follow the law and consider themselves law abiding citizens. They believe in their bones that pot should be legal, but it is not (except for CO and WA). They want to continue to be good law abiding citizens so they pay taxes on what the govt says they should. Just because they break one law does not mean that they want to break others.

I was replying to your reply to Roadfix.
I agree as to why bother reporting it.

I am very confused. I am not trying to give you a hard time Addie. I promise. I just don't understand what this has to do with anything being discussed here. Could you enlighten me? The first time I read this I wondered if this was a post that was supposed to be in a completely different thread about a completely different subject.

Get used to it :LOL:

Yeah, why report any of it? Either way if you get caught your are having all your assets seized. Might as well not pay taxes on any of it.
The laws about forfeiture are different in Canada.

Some people actually believe it's good to pay taxes, so the government can be funded.

If he doesn't file income tax returns for several years, chances are that the Canada Revenue Agency will ask him to file. If he files "$0" income, he sets off bells. If he files some taxable amount, he will have to pay the tax + interest + penalties.

Though law enforcement can't look at your tax returns without a warrant, I wouldn't be surprised if the revenue agencies pass on some information to them. All they need to do is say, "Here's a list of people who didn't file income tax or filed extremely low or no income." Then the cops know who to watch.

Are you being sarcastic roadfix or are you being serious. If you are being serious then why do you think he would go through the trouble of reporting it if he was just then going to turn around and cheat? If you were being sarcastic then as Rosanne Rosanadana said....Nevermind.

No, I was being dead serious. He needs to report some or all of that money as 'other income' if he's making bank deposits, for instance, to pay his bills if that's his only source of income.

I know several small business owners where they transact mostly in cash and none of them honestly report 100% of what comes in.

Last edited:
No, I was being dead serious. He needs to report some or all of that money if he's making bank deposits, for instance, to pay his bills if that's his only source of income.
Exactly. I have no idea if he declared all of it. I had no reason to believe that he didn't. This is in Canada. It would be impolite to doubt the word of a client for no good reason.

I know several small business owners where they transact mostly in cash and none of them honestly report 100% of what comes in.
That does not mean that others do not though. I would think, and this is just an assumption on my part, that if someone was going to go through the effort and risk of reporting it that they would not cheat while doing it. That would kind of defeat the purpose. He is reporting it so that he is not going to get in trouble for the tax portion if he gets caught. If he cheats then he will get in trouble so why report it in the first place? Illegal pot is a cash business. Those who do it for a full time job know how to clean their cash.

That Federal Stamp is the same one for any smoking product. :angel:

Actually, Addie, it has nothing to do with any smoking product. It's a special Drug Tax Stamp, specific to the state, and perhaps to just the county here, and it's got nothing to do with federal stamps.

Now, put down that joint....:LOL:

One reason I dropped out college....thanks to the evil weed, it really slowed me down academically ...

I remember that commercial, where 2 grown men were still living in their mother's basement....yeah, they'd look for a job. Tomorrow. :LOL:

I had friends in HS and college whose lives were taken over by apathy from regular recreational partaking, and their grades and ambitions suffered.

On the other hand, it appears much MM is bred so the THC content is limited. The salves and oils for kids having seizures, for example. Now for people in significant pain and/or undergoing chemo, I'd think they'd get the real deal.

I remember that commercial, where 2 grown men were still living in their mother's basement....yeah, they'd look for a job. Tomorrow. :LOL:

I had friends in HS and college whose lives were taken over by apathy from regular recreational partaking, and their grades and ambitions suffered.

On the other hand, it appears much MM is bred so the THC content is limited. The salves and oils for kids having seizures, for example. Now for people in significant pain and/or undergoing chemo, I'd think they'd get the real deal.
That's one of two anti-drug ads I have ever seen that I thought were any good.

The other one was Mr. Junior Executive, wearing an expensive suit. He went into a washroom stall and pulled out a tiny vial of white powder. He dropped it and it rolled behind the toilet. Then you see him crawling on his hands and knees, in the expensive suit, trying to retrieve his vial. Not one word in the ad. :LOL:

Very little of the MM has limited THC. There are only certain strains that are bred that way. You can get pot that affects you in any way you can imagine these days. The days of people being comatose after getting high are long gone (unless that is specifically what they are looking for). There are plenty of strains that energize you and make you more active then you were before using it.

I was married to a man who sold all the furniture to fund his MJ habit...furniture that was handmade for me as payment for full time babysitting three summers. I have no tolerance for dopers, but if a patient, friend or family needed it for a medical reason, legal or not, I would help.

It seems MM and legal LM are grown to maximize the content of THC.
Now if you want to extract other chemicals and THC is not important, I can see growing for the specific reason.

I was married to a man who sold all the furniture to fund his MJ habit...furniture that was handmade for me as payment for full time babysitting three summers. I have no tolerance for dopers, but if a patient, friend or family needed it for a medical reason, legal or not, I would help.

Habit? Dopers? Really?
I have been exposed to M all my life and have known people who smoke the product regularly and those who only smoke occasionally.
I can assure you these people are not addicted to anything and are quite reliable folks. Most as normal as one can be.

Now I have known a couple people that had cocaine addictions that stole from their parents.
I would never ever consider putting the M users in the same sentence as these people. Ever.

It seems MM and legal LM are grown to maximize the content of THC.
Now if you want to extract other chemicals and THC is not important, I can see growing for the specific reason.

Habit? Dopers? Really?
I have been exposed to M all my life and have known people who smoke the product regularly and those who only smoke occasionally.
I can assure you these people are not addicted to anything and are quite reliable folks. Most as normal as one can be.

Now I have known a couple people that had cocaine addictions that stole from their parents.
I would never ever consider putting the M users in the same sentence as these people. Ever.

You SEEM to have missed the part where I said I was MARRIED to this man. I know he is a DOPER and it is HIS HABIT. This is my personal experience with it, stop telling me I am incorrect when I say something.

Sounds like the man had way more issues than smoking an occasional blunt, so it's not really fair to blame marijuana for someone's crazy.

Back
Top Bottom