Medical Marijuana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You SEEM to have missed the part where I said I was MARRIED to this man. I know he is a DOPER and it is HIS HABIT. This is my personal experience with it, stop telling me I am incorrect when I say something.

+1 Fi.

Fi didn't say he was addicted. She said it was a habit.
And calling someone who uses dope a doper... that might be a genertional thing. Doper, burnout... kind of an adjective to describe a certain type of user. Fi would know.

You SEEM to have missed the part where I said I was MARRIED to this man. I know he is a DOPER and it is HIS HABIT. This is my personal experience with it, stop telling me I am incorrect when I say something.

Not trying to correct you at all. I just have an opinion like everyone else. Sometimes a strong opinion.
I apologize for anything I may have said that bothered you.

Sounds like the man had way more issues than smoking an occasional blunt, so it's not really fair to blame marijuana for someone's crazy.

I am not blaming MJ, I have indulged myself and I don't sell my furniture or pawn items to support ANY habit. I used no words in the above post to suggest I thought anyone who use or used IS a doper or they have a habit. I did suggest that ONE MAN had a habit and that he was a doper, others with the same behavior as his, I consider dopers. The exes other problems probably did add to his habit, but those are not being discussed here.

And again, another point was missed, I support the use of Medical MJ and think it should be decriminalized if not legal, I am willing to obtain it for anyone who needs it for a medical reason.

People are all individuals and should not be lumped into one category because they use a substance. Like you roll bones I have been around plenty of people who have used pot quite frequently. Almost all of them would be considered fine upstanding citizens of the highest caliber. They contribute to society, help others around them, donate to charity with both their wallets and their actions, and do everything else you would want a person to do. They also happen to enjoy using pot. BUT that does not mean that there are not others who use it and it ruins them as a person. I have never met PF's husband, but I know that if PF says something then you can take it to the bank. Each person is their own person.

Last edited:
People are all individuals and should not be lumped into one category because they use a substance. Like you roll bones I have been around plenty of people who have used pot quite frequently. Almost all of them would be considered fine upstanding citizens of the highest caliber. They contribute to society, help others around them, donate to charity with both their wallets and their actions, and do everything else you would want a person to do. They also happen to enjoy using pot. BUT that does not mean that there are not others who use it and it ruins them as a person. I have never met PF's husband, but I know that if PF says something then you can take it to the bank. Each person is their own person.

Thanks GB!!! and that is ex-husband...got rid of him when I was 20, met Shrek when I was 21. Went from the frying pan to the penthouse. No, not THAT Penthouse...:rolleyes:

I read today that Florida is voting on MM in November.
I am hoping that Georgia and even SC will follow suit. But I have serious reservations about SC.
We have Nikki Haley for a governor. Theres little doubt she would get in the way of any attempt in this state.
So the best we can hope for is MM within driving distance. NC is another state also discussing a vote. I am 4 miles from the NC border.

I agree with Vit.
Talking about this runs parallel with talking about gay marriage. Kind of.

That said, I think they should legalize marijuana across the board. Look what prohibition did. I still can't believe there are dry counties. But I can't believe a program about making moonshine is right either.
Legalize it, let the gov't set up their restrictions and get their cut and call it a day.

And I also read it helped control seizures. And treated the effects of concussions. That can only be a good thing.
There has been some suggestion that it can help MS sufferers.

Now, put down that joint....:LOL:

One reason I dropped out college....thanks to the evil weed, it really slowed me down academically ...
There was a lot of it around when I was a student but I never tried it. Not because I was a prude but because the smell of it when it was being smoked by other people made me feel sick.

Speaking of smell, most regular users reek of marijuana smell.
How can you say that? You do not smell the ones who do not smell so how do you know they are not regular users?

There are many users who vaporize or eat their marijuana. You will not smell it on those users even seconds after they have used.

Our local Hershey chocolate plant has recently been turned into a medical marijuana facility, run by the government. It should be interesting to watch how this progresses, and what the news says about it.

Personally I have no opinion for or against. I dislike most drugs, legal too....can't take 'em, not even blood pressure meds to save my life.

I don't think I'm going to live to 84, like my dear old Mom did. Dad is still alive at 88 and wondering why. I think it's because he's afraid to die. Believes in hell and a punishing God.

I dislike most drugs, legal too....can't take 'em, not even blood pressure meds to save my life.

A segue here----- many people who can't tolerate legal drugs may just not be able to tolerate them at the ''normal" dose docs often prescribe. If you're female that's even more of a problem because a lot of legal drugs and their doses are derived from testing on males.

If you want to take a blood pressure medicine but the side effects are too much for you---- you can try a different class and/or a reduced amount. Just if you're interested.

For instance, I can get the same result from a common sleep med by taking a quarter of the tablet that some people get by taking the entire tablet.

Speaking of smell, most regular users reek of marijuana smell.

As do regular cigarette smokers and people who eat lots of garlic.

How can you say that? You do not smell the ones who do not smell so how do you know they are not regular users?
There are many users who vaporize or eat their marijuana. You will not smell it on those users even seconds after they have used.

I am amazed at some comments but not surprised. This country has been led down a road of lies for years.
The government has lied, the law enforcement folks have lied and the "sobriety" folks have helped to fuel these lies for many years.

To even believe that marijuana users can be identified just by their use alone is silly. There are people in everyones life at some point that were using M and leading exemplary lives without anyone knowing the truth.
Preachers, doctors, lawyers, cops, judges and many other respected people in our communities use M with no consequence or negative outcome. (unless they get busted and put in jail)

These folks have much to lose by coming out on the subject. Some rely on these archaic laws to provide them with work.
Imagine how many people lose their jobs if M is legalized in all of the US.
IMO, this is the stumbling block.

You're right. But I can smell it on those who regularly smoke it, including cigarettes, mostly on their clothes.
You can smell it on some who regularly smoke. My point is that there are most likely many others that smoke on a reg basis and you have no idea. You only think they are not users because you don't smell it on them. It is very possible that they are reg users and you just do not smell it on them. Pot is not like cigs when it comes to smell. Someone can take one hit of pot and stand with the wind to their backs and expel the smoke so that it never touches them quite easily. You would never know unless you saw them doing it. You only smell it on the users who you smell it on. But I can promise you there are users who you do not smell it on.

You can smell it on some who regularly smoke. My point is that there are most likely many others that smoke on a reg basis and you have no idea. You only think they are not users because you don't smell it on them. It is very possible that they are reg users and you just do not smell it on them. Pot is not like cigs when it comes to smell. Someone can take one hit of pot and stand with the wind to their backs and expel the smoke so that it never touches them quite easily. You would never know unless you saw them doing it. You only smell it on the users who you smell it on. But I can promise you there are users who you do not smell it on.
I agree.

Regardless of my disapproval it got approved in MN yesterday. (if I heard news right)

I sure hope this is true. We keep this up and all of the US can join the rest of the civilized world.

I just checked and saw that MN is not medical legal just yet. But looks like MN is on the path to normalcy.

Last edited:
It's a medical marijuana bill before the MN legislature. I think it passed a committee vote so far. Sparking equal controversy is a proposed change to law that allows Sunday liquor sales. A perennial favorite to kick around along with increased gambling facilities. The medical marijuana bill might just sneak through, although the otherwise liberal governor is not quite on board.

Back
Top Bottom