Medical Marijuana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For instance, I can get the same result from a common sleep med by taking a quarter of the tablet that some people get by taking the entire tablet.

My doctor says I am a bad candidate for sleep meds like Ambien or Lunesta because I live alone, I sleep naked, and I own a convertible!

LOL Really? I remember having to have "3.2" beer bought for us on Sundays WAY back in the day. ;) Does that stuff still exist?

:LOL: Yes, I remember 3.2! We had to cross the border into Minnesota to get it! Otherwise, no booze on Sundays.

Strange laws (liquor, not MM)-----In Albuquerque NM you can't buy liquor until AFTER 12 noon on Sunday. Do they have that law so no one will buy liquor to take to church?? :wacko:

But it does lead to long lines of people, still dressed in their go -to-church clothes at liquor stores at noon on Sunday. :LOL:

Strange laws (liquor, not MM)-----In Albuquerque NM you can't buy liquor until AFTER 12 noon on Sunday. Do they have that law so no one will buy liquor to take to church?? :wacko:

But it does lead to long lines of people, still dressed in their go -to-church clothes at liquor stores at noon on Sunday. :LOL:

Virginia didn't allow liquor sales on Sunday when we moved here in the 1980s, but that's changed and now you can from noon till 9 pm, I think. When my mom was growing up in the '50s, you could not buy liquor by the drink in restaurants - you had to buy an entire bottle from the state-run package store. It's a leftover from when more religious people were in charge of the legislatures.

When my mom was growing up in the '50s, you could not buy liquor by the drink in restaurants - you had to buy an entire bottle from the state-run package store. It's a leftover from when more religious people were in charge of the legislatures.

But--but--but----- :) That's one way to make more money for the liquor industry, right?

I would think it would be less. Restaurants selling cocktails would be buying a lot more liquor than individuals.

I guess I'm not understanding. (Won't be the first time!)

I thought it was said:
"you could not buy liquor by the drink in restaurants - you had to buy an entire bottle from the state-run package store."

Was that just how it used to be and not now?

I thought it was said:
"you could not buy liquor by the drink in restaurants - you had to buy an entire bottle from the state-run package store."

I believe it is still that way in Utah.

It's a medical marijuana bill before the MN legislature. I think it passed a committee vote so far. Sparking equal controversy is a proposed change to law that allows Sunday liquor sales. A perennial favorite to kick around along with increased gambling facilities. The medical marijuana bill might just sneak through, although the otherwise liberal governor is not quite on board.

MN still has "blue laws" in place? And i thought it was only in the south where these laws were still in force?

When I first moved here from Florida, I was surprised on a Sunday trying to buy beer for a cookout. No alcohol sales of any kind on Sundays.
Now, there are several counties that allow alcohol sales in restaurants, but not in stores.
When i lived in Fl. you had to wait until 12 pm to buy any alcohol.

You can buy cigarettes on Sundays, but until just recently you could not buy a pair of socks.
Little by little, thanks to all the transplants, a normal existence can be had in these parts.

I am very confused. I am not trying to give you a hard time Addie. I promise. I just don't understand what this has to do with anything being discussed here. Could you enlighten me? The first time I read this I wondered if this was a post that was supposed to be in a completely different thread about a completely different subject.

Taxes on unreported income such as the sale of Marijuana. :angel:

I still don't understand what collecting bottles for the deposit they get back has to do with marijuana. I must be missing your point.

Addie is likening the income made on returnables as unreported income, I believe. Somehow I don't think that income is as high as the illegal sale of marijuana.

I thought it was said:

I said when my mom was growing up in the '50s, you could not buy liquor by the drink. That changed a long time ago - I don't know when. You can buy all kinds of fancy cocktails now :)

Last edited:
Cave, I think Roll Bones was referring to when no stores were open on Sundays by law, so you couldn't buy anything, such as socks. But he said "until recently" and that was way back.

Oh. Well, that makes sense, of a sort. I can remember when most stores weren't open on Sunday in St. Louis but I don't think it was the law.
Just tradition. Maybe.

Although I welcomed the idea of being able to shop on Sunday I'm not sure I like it because of what it means. However, with the advent of more women working------ it certainly makes sense and I understand it.

The more I thought about that post saying you couldn't buy socks on Sunday the more I laughed. I see that the OP had said 'such as' but I ignored that. :)

Instead my mind went to those dumb laws (some of which are still on the books!) like "Men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women."

Visions of being able to buy a shirt or blouse but no socks danced in my head. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom