Medieval 16th party...need help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ps8

Senior Cook
Hello! I am so excited! My second oldest is turning 16 in December. We are planinng a Medieval themed party for him. My hubby's making a castle facade for the front of the house with a drawbridge. I'm dying sheets gray, painting lines on them to look like stone and hanging them on our walls inside. We'll be having games that I've found on the internet, plus our own version of pin the tail on the donkey - Slay the Dragon! Whoever gets his sword closest to the dragons breast wins. I know it sounds childish, but it will work out. I also plan to give them drinks and cake, but not any silverware to eat it with! :LOL: You should read the invitation! It is so totally terrific!

One game that we came up with is "The Search for the Holy Grail". The idea was to have a list of clues that would lead them from house to house in our neighborhood and finally, get them to the house that has the chalice. I didn't realize, though, how difficult it would be to come up with clues! I'm really stuck! And the party's on the 17th! I've got to get busy!! Any ideas?? Please?? (I'm beggin' here) Of course, I started out with this grand idea of them all rhyming, but at this point, it doesn't matter anymore! I'm thinking I want it to be a game where they all have to do it together instead of making it a contest. Any input is welcome, wanted and needed.

Thanks!!!

Hire a couple of "no ordinary wabbits" to give them a bit of challenge on the way??:ROFLMAO:

do you know much about the history of the search for the cup, or the davinci code?
(i think i saw ken holding the one that he thinks is the holy grail :) )

you could make different houses the various countries that was supposed to have hidden the chalice, like ethiopia, france, italy, israel, egypt, england, etc.

then when they can't find it, you could spring the mary magdelene/davinci's "last supper" dealio on them.

only kidding.

i think giving clues to find different countries would be the way to go. you could even have the neighbors dress as people from that country, especially the middle eastern countries. they could try to repel the little infidels...

of course, the cup resides in new jersey, near the vince lombardi rest area on the turnpike. shhhhhhhhhh!

Last edited:
That's a really great idea! I wish I was better informed so I could use it; unfortunately, I know verly little about it and have not read the book. Oh, well. We'll just do generic clues about the houses and such. Thanks for the ideas!

Last edited:
cara said:

Oh my goodness! You are awesome! The greatdreams one I had seen, but not the others. Surely, we can work some of this info into our clues. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom