"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, as you're headin' from Cleveland to Western NY, and you get about 10 minutes east of Erie on I90 (assuming you are taking I90), and you look off to the left because you can see Lake Erie again, that little podunk town you are looking across to see the lake.... that's where I live.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Well, you're actually closest to me when you're home lol. You're about 2 hours from me.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Well, as you're headin' from Cleveland to Western NY, and you get about 10 minutes east of Erie on I90 (assuming you are taking I90), and you look off to the left because you can see Lake Erie again, that little podunk town you are looking across to see the lake.... that's where I live.
You are actually one of the ones I was hoping to meet--I just hadn't contacted you yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninga75 View Post
Well, you're actually closest to me when you're home lol. You're about 2 hours from me.
I'm still not sure how it could be 2 hours when it takes us 2 hours to get to Columbia , but I was just thinking the same thing--that we are pretty close to you. We could maybe meet somewhere in the middle, or some weekend we could just drive up there. I've been wanting James to see Aiken anyway, and you're not far from there.

Barbara
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

What route are you planning to take from PA to NC?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #25
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We haven't thought it out that far yet, but we will be coming through Virginia.

Barbara
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #26
Everymom

You are slooowly working your way north. I should warn you, if you're coming up this way you need to get moving before the weather turns ugly. I suspect a long hard winter so you need to get in and out before October. LOL.

I know you're not coming up here yet, we'll see you sometime though. HUGS!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #27
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
You are slooowly working your way north. I should warn you, if you're coming up this way you need to get moving before the weather turns ugly. I suspect a long hard winter so you need to get in and out before October. LOL.

I know you're not coming up here yet, we'll see you sometime though. HUGS!!!
Yep, I'm afraid it will have to be computer and phone visiting for us for awhile, but we will make it up there as soon as we can!

Barbara
Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #28
Head Chef

I'm in Mentor, Ohio, so if you're driving east give a wave. If you stop by I'll give you a fresh loaf of NYT raisin bread. Have a safe trip.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #29
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I'm still not sure how it could be 2 hours when it takes us 2 hours to get to Columbia , but I was just thinking the same thing--that we are pretty close to you. We could maybe meet somewhere in the middle, or some weekend we could just drive up there. I've been wanting James to see Aiken anyway, and you're not far from there.

Barbara
You don't know how I drive.

I based it on the fact that I can get to Charlotte in just over 2 hours.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #30
Head Chef

I can't believe they actually took me up on my offer to meet each other. What a delightful visit I had with James & Barbara. In very short order we were chatting away like we've been friends for many years. We met in a little restaurant that me and DW frequent several times each month, and they had a nice dinner while I had a piece of apple pie a-la-mode. They are now on their way to Erie, PA with a loaf of NYT Cinnamon Raisin bread to share with their next friends.

Thanks for a great evening of fellowship, and I hope the rest of your trip is safe and enjoyable.

JoeV