Meet Us will you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the bread Joe V :D
Yep, it was my turn today. I had a very nice time and James and Barbara are as down to earth and easy to be around as everyone's been saying. I'm sure pics will follow :ermm:
We had lunch at a little place in my town named for the last stop of the "underground railroad" used to get the slaves across the lake into Canada back in Civil War times, Freeport. We talked for darn near three hours and I'm not usually a talkative person until I've had 18 or 20 beers in me :LOL: Maybe If I did have, I would have thought to tell them how the restaurant got its name :wacko:

Your bread was very tasty Joe, and I can't wait until tomorrow morning to butter some up and have with my morning coffee.
I didn't notice this before I started the new thread about our meeting (the pictures are there for anyone who hasn't seen it).

We were wondering about how it got its name. How funny, when we went in James noticed the t-shirts, but he also noticed their beer. He said he hoped you didn't think he was weird leaving the table a little early, but he didn't know if you would think less of him if you knew he was buying a 6-pack of their beer, along with the t-shirts he got me! He didn't get 18 or 20 though! LOL

:)Barbara

Think less of him? Uh-Noooo :rolleyes:
If I didn't have to go back to work I would not have been drinking iced tea ;) Believe you me.

Yeah, a couple locals want to change the name of the town to Freeport. I wish they would, but it will never happen. Apparently we would rather be associated with the other corner of the state :LOL:

Oh that's awesome! Great way to spend a Friday night, hope you have a lot of fun, don't forget the camera :mrgreen:

i'm praying wwe meet, barb. i can't get ahold of you guys on your phone. sent you my #, though.

Back
Top Bottom