Member Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My user name is a mixup of my first name, Alice. Any time I've had to have one there was already an Alice so had to get another, so I mixed it up kinda sorta. Mine is spelled with lower case "licia" the other is "Licia" with caps. She is real, I am pretend!!!! BTW, I don't use Alice at all, otherwise. The reason I posted this is so I can go back and read who everyone is:rolleyes: .

My turn

On other forums I have used handles like Icelander, Islandia, Icy, something that was related to the theme of the forum, or something mysterious in my native language. When I registered here, I decided to use a food handle, and as I had recently had success making créme brulée, I decided to use that. Besides, it is descriptive of me: hard and slightly bitter on top, soft and gooey underneath...

Last edited:
licia said:
Do you use a torch or broiler to finish the sugar?

I used a broiler. Even though it worked (after several failures in the past - don't know what I did right this time), I would love to own a salamander - it's supposedly the best way of caramelising the sugar.

I use the broiler also, but think it would be really neat to have one of those little torches. I'd probably be dangerous, though.

Mine is pretty obvious. AZ for Arizona and Relish for condiment. The #1 condiment in AZ is Salsa and I love to make and design new salsa of every degree of heat, sour , and sweetness. Plus salsa is one of the healthiest condiment you can use.

Just a girl who graduated from law school in 2004...but I have yet to pass the Colorado Bar Exam. :( I'll be making another go at it in February. Wish me luck; I've already started preparing.

I don`t actually know where cara comes from... I use since i`m in the internet... had to choose a name and this one came into my mind, I don`t know why....
all I know is, it`s not my real name :mrgreen:

"Cara" in Italian means "Dear"...it fits you nicely
3.gif

yes, I know.. found out by now, it comes from the latin...
means lovely, precious, dear... :)

I have a swiss friend, he always calls me "cara mia" ;o)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom