Members Banned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I just received a private message letting me know that some of the people, who I would consider regulars on the forum, have been banned. I checked their profiles here , and sure enough, it said ' banned ' under their names. Is something going on that I dont know about ??? Or am i just misunderstanding something??

Just curious,

larry

Yeah, I dont want to play the name game. Something was just brought to my attention, which to be honest, I wasnt aware of. But when I did a little checking out, I noticed a certain number of people labeled as ' banned' under their name. Does this mean anything else?? or does it actually mean they were banned ?

larry

Unfortunately some long time regular members were unable to abide by our Community Rules. As you all know the Mod/Admin team works diligently to make sure Discuss Cooking remains a fun and pleasant place for our members. In this case some issues came to light that some disgruntled members where bashing Discuss Cooking on another recently started forum. It was then brought to our attention that many were mining our community trying to recruit members to this other forum. As you all know it's against our policy to spam the forums or mine our membership, it's called spamming. As soon as we were alerted to the system being abused in this manner we banned some accounts. We have had people spam using the private message system at various times in the past and we have taken the same action.

Since this has been brought to light, I'd like to take a moment to thank our mod/admin team who has been fostering Discuss Cooking for many years. Unfortunately, just like in real life we all have different tolerances for what is considered proper. Here at Discuss Cooking the team tries very hard to keep things civil and encourage a family friendly environment. For some this might be a little too "PG" for them and they would rather a place where more risque conversations can take place along with political rants, religious discussions and other things we simply don't allow here since this is after all a cooking forum!

I would like to encourage anyone who gets SPAMMED via PM to forward it to a mod/admin so we can disable that account. We are here to protect our community from a resource to be mined and don't want you to have to deal with SPAM in the forums or by PM.

In order to keep things positive and move forward chatting about food, cooking, etc. I am going to close this thread. If you need any more information, please feel free to PM me or any of the mods/admins.

Here's a toast to all our members who follow the Community Rules and make Discuss Cooking the best cooking community on the internet! Let's not let a few bad apples spoil the bunch!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom