Memo to self..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Wear shoes or slippers when kittens are running around playing. Bare feet is not a good thing. Kitten scratches are not fun.

I bet they are sharp! They don't have to be trimmed that I am aware of, like a dog. Don't you wonder why the difference? Guess I'll have t o read up on cats to find out. Seems like we are always trimming the pups nails.

Sure thankful you know about declawing. Cutting the finger to the joint is what I remember. Best thing to do is try to keep things in the way God put them here. Except during the summer I have to cut the dogs coats due to the heat. One thing can be thankful about cat s don't seem to have as much maintenance as dogs do, you think? Still have to be watered and fed.

Lady, Actually you can trim the nails. It's just not so easy after they get older unless you start now.

no declawing please. i had one done , as he destroyed dining chairs. his balance was never right after that.

i trimmed my cat thomas's claws, when he was younger. not now. he is not a scratcher. he does have a hugh deal with carpet on it or jute for scratching post. they use it to keep claws in good shape.

he does attack my bare feet anytime he can. ouch is right!

babe

no declawing please. i had one done , as he destroyed dining chairs. his balance was never right after that.

i trimmed my cat thomas's claws, when he was younger. not now. he is not a scratcher. he does have a hugh deal with carpet on it or jute for scratching post. they use it to keep claws in good shape.

he does attack my bare feet anytime he can. ouch is right!

babe

If you have seen my other posts you would know I don't declaw. :)

When I got my kitten years ago I would play with his feet whenever he would cuddle with me. Soon after I cut his nails and I kept rubbing his feet as he got older and kept cutting his nails. It got to be almost a game. He became used to me touching his feet and it didn't phase him one bit when I got the clippers, even when he was older. I am not saying it will work with all cats, but it is worth a try!

To me, declawing a cat and debarking a dog are equally inhumane acts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom