Memorial Day Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
Anyone have plans for Memorial Day?

We have some graduations this weekend, my grandma's birthday party (89), yard work...and we'll grill out for Memorial Day.

My brother and his fiance are coming up for the weekend so we will see them at least one day. We are going to visit some other relatives in Marblehead, MA. I also hope to do some work in the garden.

Driving to the beach to have dinner with sis...prolly a grilout with chix, spud salad, tomatoes n corn.

Just having a BBQ Saturday if it doesn't rain. Some yard work, too. And maybe finally finishing up a baby quilt that I started 3 months ago. At this rate, the little girl will be off to college before I finally give it to her. :rolleyes:

It's my 1st weekend off in two months:wacko:
So to celebrate, I'm going to work around the house all weekend:LOL:
So much to be done. Monday, I really want to have a cookout with the kids if they're not too busy. Probably ribeyes, chicken, tater salad, and corn on the cob.

We have some more shopping to do for our upcoming kitchen remodel.

SO is helping her sister plan a small wedding for the end of June.

Eating, drinking, gardening, eating drinking.

Maybe wash and wax the car if I'm feeling ambitious.

That's about it.

Oh, eating and drinking, too.

We've been out of town every weekend this month, so it will be nice to be home. I'm planning to make a wine-butt chicken with avocado-tomatillo relish and southwestern potato salad on Saturday; DH got some baby back ribs, so we will grill them Sunday or Monday, with the leftover potato salad, and green salad from the garden.

Speaking of which, we've been gone so much, parts of the garden are monstrous and really need some attention. We've taken care of the veggies and herbs, so they look good, but the flower gardens really need to be weeded and the containers need to be filled. That will be most of the weekend's activities.

I'm hoping the crappy May weather will break a bit and I can go for a bike ride sometime during the weekend..... other than that, I will be very busy working.
So yeah, just another weekend to me, although busier than usual.

My memorial day

:mad:My plans? I'm working, what a bummer! I'd like to do some grillin if I can find my grill...and my charcoal...and my lighter fluid. There is a memorial day parade but since I'm working I wont be able to go:cry: I wish I could grill all three days.

I have to work 9-5. Then go to bed about 8 to get up for work at 3:30 a.m.
on Tuesday. I never get to enjoy Memorial weekend/day.

atlantic city, baby, yeah! jake & i, we'll probably eat & drink plenty, try a restaurant, then return saturday.

I am pretty sure James will be off that day, so we may go look at cars (Chrysler 300). There is one in particular, in Winston-Salem, that I would like to go see. It is the exact (and rare) color that I want, plus it has most of the features we want. The only thing it doesn't have is the navigation system, and we can have that added.

:)Barbara

No plans yet, but I'm pretty sure my inlaws will come up on Sunday after I get home from work and we'll BBQ something. Ribs sound good. It's supposed to be 80, usually Memorial Day is 60 and raw and windy. I think I'll work a little extra long Saturday so I can have some extra time to hang out on Sunday. :)

The schedule for next week hasn't been posted yet at work. We're open (all Monday Holidays the club is open for), so I'll probably have to work. I made my peace with this aspect of working in country clubs years ago. However, my family hasn't really come to grips with it though.

If, and that's a big IF, I have Monday off, it's FISHING for a little while, then smoke some ribs.

work saturday.

sunday, we're going ointo the city to see the warships from all over the world (i've been on an english harrier carrier :cool:, and argentine cruiser :huh:, and a greek supply ship - the g.s.s. anchovy :) in years past.).

my boy can't wait to talk to all of the soldiers and sailors. every single one, lol. i've taught him to salute, which should be funny. and to say thank you.

don't forget, that's what this weekend is about.

then, we'll probably go out to dinner in little italy, maybe chinatown. we have to look for another turtle.

monday is work again, then i'm hoping to take everyone fishing, and back home to grill.

Back
Top Bottom