Memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this woman - isn't she a hoot? She was featured on CBS Nightly News last night. Her grandson made all these videos so that the family would have a record of her recipes, and his friends liked them so much, he loaded them on YouTube. She was a little shy about the whole thing - couldn't understand why everyone was making such a fuss. Love it.

I love this woman - isn't she a hoot? She was featured on CBS Nightly News last night. Her grandson made all these videos so that the family would have a record of her recipes, and his friends liked them so much, he loaded them on YouTube. She was a little shy about the whole thing - couldn't understand why everyone was making such a fuss. Love it.

There are times when I look on computer and find something that touches me. Never knowing how I found it. Happy you all feel the 'same' way. The main thing that impressed me was how 'real' she was. Most elderly people strike me as dropping some kind of covering and allowing their 'real' selves to come through. There is quote,
'can't put young head on old shoulders'. The wisdom older folks project; if only they were allowed the time for someone to listen. You had the right description, 'hoot'! She would appreciate that.

I really ejoyed watching and listening to this very sweet lady. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Good! I sincerely feel the 'more' the better that give her the time she deserves. Reminds me of a book I once read and movie I saw on tv where Jack Lemon played a man who was dying. I think Jack Lemon is gone now too, isn't he? I thought he always played a good part no matter what movie he was in. I apologize for not recalling the book OR the movie. I am sure someone knows who I mean.

Good! I sincerely feel the 'more' the better that give her the time she deserves. Reminds me of a book I once read and movie I saw on tv where Jack Lemon played a man who was dying. I think Jack Lemon is gone now too, isn't he? I thought he always played a good part no matter what movie he was in. I apologize for not recalling the book OR the movie. I am sure someone knows who I mean.

I think you're referring to "Tuesdays with Morrie."

I wish we had videos when my Gram was alive. It would have been wonderful to preserve her cooking all the traditional Jewish recipes she made so well, and with such love.

I'm just glad we have all the recipes.

ChefJune said:
I wish we had videos when my Gram was alive.

Me too...I would love to watch my grandmother make biscuits one more time...I have a recipe of sorts that I wrote down...She didn't use one...."Just put some flour in a bowl, and add some Lard/shortening" -- How much shortening Grandma??? "Oh..I dunno...maybe a piece about the size of a Hen egg" ..:LOL: She didn't roll them out, she just kinda "choked off" some dough...gentle rolled it into a ball...then lightly patted it out in the pan...She always made two pans, and cooked them separately..When the first pan was all gone, the second pan was just coming out of the oven;) Anyway...Mine never were as good as hers...Had to be the way she handled the dough...

Back
Top Bottom