"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Originally Posted by Ken
Mission accomplished.
You're the sweetest Ken!!!!

Heck, I started crying just reading mudbugs initial post. I feel sure I will be remembed as a giver, not a taker.

I'm with VeraBlue on - some people are going to go hungry without me!!!!!!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #12
Executive Chef
When people think of me and they smile, I'm happy.

wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #13
Head Chef
Well, very literally I have asked that my ashes are made into diamonds and these are turned into studs for my husbands dress shirt and cufflinks so that he can still take me out in the evenings. He will be earings for me if the other way around. So I guess we will remmeber each other often.

Otherwise, I guess I don't care if anyone else remembers me besides my family and friends, or at least that I do no harm that I am remembered for. I have lived in a home tht was my mother in laws for three years - she died over eight years ago but little has changed and we have been tied to it because the rest of the family (though now living in a different country) will in no way, change, rent or sell it. This is remberance but it is good or healthy. It would be better to let go of the physicality of her now, imho

I am most definitely a work in progress, and I doubt I will ever acheive everything I want, but I want to try! I try and live a moral life and to answer to my own actions, I try and impact as little on the planet as I can, I try and help people when I can and I speak out for what I believe in. If people remember those things, then I will be more than grateful.
In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #14
Head Chef
Originally Posted by pdswife
In all those years... I've forgotten ME!!!
And I'm at a crossroads in life. Not sure where I want to go or what I want to do. All I know is I haven't done enough and if I were to die tomorrow
I'd go "unfinished".
When I joined the Navy I faced a crossroads. I had the opportunity to be stationed in Bremerton, Wa (close to home) or go to Connecticut. I didn't join the Navy to stay home, so I chose Connecticut. Being so far away from family forced me to grow up quick. I feel that I have seen and done a lot of things in my life so far.

The moral of the story is maybe you need a major life change like moving out of the PNW. Just something to think about. I'm sure Paul loves it there being a hunter and all, but he could back during hunting season, right?
vagriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #15
Head Chef
When I'm gone I'm sure not many people will remember me at least not until it's time to eat. I work hard at trying to please people and do things for folks but this day and age not many appriciate it.Thats ok too at least I know what I have done. Most the folks that would remember me are already gone.

thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote