Men's dress shirt collar stains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone remember fels naptha soap? i know, i am old. lol. it worked wonders on collars and grass stains on kids jeans knees. i don't do either anymore, so don't know if it is still on the market or not.

Mom had a bar of that, I used it when I was living at home and I've seen it off and on in hardware stores and such. So, I at least know what it is!:)

babetoo said:
does anyone remember fels naptha soap? i know, i am old. lol. it worked wonders on collars and grass stains on kids jeans knees. i don't do either anymore, so don't know if it is still on the market or not.

I've seen fels naphtha in several grocery stores. Never used it tho. I did find a bar soap in Mexico once that is used to get stains out of the white cottons that are so common there. I have been hoarding that one lonely bar for about twenty years reserving it only for really tough stains.
OMG! Twenty years????!!!!! :-/

babetoo, you're not old. I had Katie H ship me some Fels Naptha. I admit, it works GREAT. I still prefer OxiClean for stain removal though.

You see, folks, this is after all cooking forum, not laundry forum, it must have been cooking related if somebody is asking a question, so we have to make sure to make cooking related answer.

Meat tenderizer also works very well to get out sweat stains/blood, etc. Pour a few tablespoons into the washer, fill up to a small load, let it agitate with the laundry for a few minutes, then stop it and let it soak overnight. The next day, add your detergent and wash as normal. Repeat if necessary with old stains. It breaks down protein. That's how it tenderizes meat, that's how it gets out protein-based stains. Oxy-clean works well too, but like CharlieD said, this is a cooking forum. ;)

I wonder if you could use other things that work as natural meat tenderizers. Pineapple? Kiwi? I suppose then you'd have to get out the kiwi stain...

babetoo said:
i found the fels naptha on amazon, if anyone is interested.

I have a bar, pre-Oxyclean, that I got at the grocers. Forgot all about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom