Merry Christmas January 7, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Cottrell

Head Chef
My clock says that it's turning January 7 in about twenty minutes. With that I would like to wish all the Orthodox Christians a very Blessed Christmas.

z rizdvom khrystovym, david.

we're leaving the lights lit on our house all night. half of our neighborhood celebrates tonight, so it seems appropriate.

god jul!

Thanks buckytom and Bilby - just so you know I'm not flying a false flag, I'm not of Ukrainian extraction or even Orthodox. I learned about this day from meeting a high school exchange student from Ukraine. Those of you who are curious, yesterday, Christmas Eve, the Orthodox would have had a meatless supper known as the Holy Supper, Sviata Vechera. If you go to Books by Volunteers who serve Ukraine Orphans and click on the "World's Best Borsch" tab (smile) you will see a menu of that meal we did for for Iryna so she could share her tradition with her friends. It worked out but my knees were about killing me before that week was over. Cooked new and unusual dishes (to me) for fifteen with no time for failure that week. It was a wonderful experience. Got to go with her to a Ukrainian Orthodox service the next day in Parma Ohio - awsome.

What a wonderful and moving experience that must have been ( as well as an exhausting one!) Thanks for the very interesting link DC

Yes csalt, cooking that meal took me to places that I will never go and was one more step toward the website you went to. That's one thing I really like about cooking - I can travel the world in my little kitchen. Oh - two of Charlie's borsch recipes are included in the World's Best Borsch! Of course! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom