Metric System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I'm late to this thread due to having to actually work at work. Blech!!

Yes Alix, it IS wierd that only 3 countries in the world don't use the metric system

I'd have thought the US would have converted WAY more countries over to our system by now!! *ducks for cover*

John

mph, justplainbill

i've gone 79 mph in a 65 mph zone, but as soon as i hit 80, i got nabbed.

cara said:
it's a bit off topic, but happened last sunday...
speeding right into the road works area with a speed limit (YES! We have speed limits here!) of 80km/h (50mph)... lucky driver, no controlling there, but I know some americans who got speeding tickets and wondered why... :cool:

Are the areas on the autbahns approaching the entrances to the autobahn stilll 100KPH? (Must be good for the bremsen & riefen industrie) Guess you must have been in the left lane when that Porsche snuck up behind you:-p .

Last edited:
justplainbill said:
Are the areas on the autbahns approaching the entrances to the autobahn stilll 100KPH? (Must be good for the bremsen & riefen industrie) Guess you must have been in the left lane when that Porche snuck up behind you:-p .

the left lane is our usual travel lane... especially on the A2 I call it "Frank's 2nd home" :cool:

not at all entrances it's 100kph, but at some.. usually the limits are because of high accident-rates (around Hannover it's 120kph), road works (60 or 80)
or bad road conditions..

cara said:
the left lane is our usual travel lane... especially on the A2 I call it "Frank's 2nd home" :cool:

not at all entrances it's 100kph, but at some.. usually the limits are because of high accident-rates (around Hannover it's 120kph), road works (60 or 80)
or bad road conditions..

Even 25 years ago 185KPH was considered a bit slow for the left lane. Off course going under the rear of a disabled truck even at 100 kph means the polizei will need a big Miele to clean you off the road:rolleyes:

Tchuss- Helmele

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom