I'm so sorry to hear this Karen. I just can't stop crying, it hurts so much. We had a dog that was poisoned (we think we know who it was, but we were never able to prove anything). It wasn't really even our dog, but a stray that we had just arranged to give to my uncle the day we found him dead, but we had already grown to love him.
Our pets really are part of our families, and losing them in such a tragic and horrific manner is unimaginable. As GB and others have said though, please take care and don't put yourselves in harm's way.
Thank you Laury for letting us know. It had to be hard for you to have to write.