"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #31
Master Chef
Karen, I am really saddened to hear about your tragic loss of your beloved pets. I am sure that your pets like my dog are an integral part of your family. I will be thinking of you and your husband.

Take care and many hugs, SC

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Karen, I am horrified at your loss and sick to my stomach. I hope you can feel all the love and hugs that are coming your way. I am so very sorry.

Yes, be careful. At the same time they simply can't just get away with it.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #33
Executive Chef
A horrible way for anything to die - I am thinking of you.
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #34
Head Chef
I am overwhelmed by your kindness. I cannot express how much it helps. Thank you all for your generosity and compassion. I was so reluctant to share this tragedy with you, because I knew it would cause you pain. This is a remarkable community of loving friends. Thank you.
Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #35
Head Chef
How despicable.. may Karma bite them soundly on their butts.
Big psychic hugs! They are still around in your hearts, at least!
GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #36
Master Chef
I just read this thread. I am so sorry and saddened to hear this. What a horrible tragedy.
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #37
Master Chef
It is said that those who mistreat animals will have to account for their actions, maybe not in this life, but there will be an accounting. But the hardest part of this is, of course, the loss of a loved family member. I feel so very bad that someone was evil enough to do this.

And after the initial loss, then, mistrust grows as to who was the perpetrator. All I can say is that there are probably a host of good people around you, and one sick individual. I hope it can be found out who that person is. And I hope that this doesn't cause irreversible damage to the relationships you may have with your neighbors.

And remember, just as our lives don't ever cease (at least that's my belief), neither do the lives of our pets or of any living thing. They just change from this mortal sphere to an immortal one.

It is my prayer that love and charity may fill your heart, and that the support you receive, not only here on DC, but from your family and friends will help heal the wounds of this tragedy.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #38
Senior Cook
Karen, I am so sorry for your tragic loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.
marigeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #39
Head Chef
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I lost a dog in April and I am still mourning her.
I hope to God that they catch the person(s) who did this. I personally would love for them to eat that fish. This is unbelievable. Hang in there and keep us updated.
JustMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire
karen, how very sad you must be. i am just angry that someone could be so cruel. what if a toddler had gotten hold of it? must have been a powerful poison if the dogs died instantly. this is one of the reason my cat never goes outside. that is hard to do for dogs though. i would call the police myself. but if you do be very careful.

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote