MexicoKaren's Terrible Loss...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laury

Senior Cook
Hi everyone,

This is Mexico Karen's friend Laury here in Bucerias, Mexico. It's too hard for her to share this so I'm going to do it for her.
Over the weekend somebody threw some poisoned fish into their yard which killed all three of their dogs. Blondie, Dagwood and Bob died almost instantly. Karen and Jerry are absolutely devastated and in shock. Their dogs were like their children. I feel so helpless and sorrowful. I've been with those dogs many times and they were just the best. It's an awful loss. Thank goodness Karen's daughter Justine was here to help them cope.
Karen loves the DC community and I know you will all try to help comfort her. She needs all the support she can get.

Laury

Oh, Laury! I'm just heartbroken. I can't imagine the pain they are going through and what a spiteful thing to do. I hope the people who did it are caught and punished to the fullest.

Please pass on my love and condolences. Lots of love and hugs are sent from my house to them.

Oh how horrifying! I'm so terribly sorry.

MexicoKaren, your poor heart must be just broken. Sending you as much love and compassion as I can. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Karen}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry to hear this. Losing one pet is hard enough, but to lose all three and because of someones stupidity is just horrible. Karen I am sending you all the love and support I can!!!

That angers me to no end!!!! People are cruel and sick to have done something like that!!!!

Please tell them that I am thinking of them and I am soooo sorry that they lost their family companions. I know it is just like having kids, they are your kids. Give Karen a hug for me!!!

I'm am so sorry to hear this! How completely awful! I hope who ever did such a thing gets caught immediately! :({{{{{{{Karen}}}}}}}

Thank you, Laury, for posting this. I just could not bring myself to share this terrible news with you all, and yet it felt somehow dishonest to act as if nothing had happened. Waking up this morning and getting hit with the full realization of what happened was almost unbearable. They were our children, and they were wonderful dogs. They didn't deserve to end their lives this way. Our next door neighbors, who have previously been a kind and friendly family, have taken a dark downturn the last few months, with obvious signs of drug dealing. He is already being investigated by the police, and they have come to talk with us about him - we can only conclude that there is a connection, because the dogs have been barking loudly at the people coming and going all night at their house. We'll take the bag with the poison to our vet this morning to see if he can shed any light on it - the fish was covered in a fine white powder. Our poor little Bob died in my arms only a few minutes after he found it - Dagwood and Blondie were already dead.

Jerry and I have never faced such a loss together, and I am so impressed with his strength, courage and love. His heart is broken and he is such a comfort to me. And I am so grateful that my wonderful daughter was here. The three of us buried them together yesterday afternoon, and then went down to the beach to look at the ocean for awhile.

Thank you all for your expressions of love and healing. I can feel it from here.

What an awful thing to happen . I hope whoever did this is caught and punished.
(((Hugs Karen)))))
LC

Im sorry Karen for your losses. Im a big dog lover and I got 2 of my own who are my entire world.

I couldnt imagine the pain you are feeling.

thoughts and prayers

Thank you for letting us know Laury..Karen,I'm so sorry, I just cannot understand why people have to be so selfish and cruel..Our furry family is the same as having children, we love them, cherish them, take joy in them and to have that taken away by such a cruel deed..I truly believe, what is handed out will come back and catch up with you..So to those who did this, look over your shoulders, someone is watching and will pay you back.. Karen, mighty hugs and prayers for you and your family..I'm so sorry.
kadesma

MK, I can't even begin to imagine the loss you are feeling. I lost my companion to similar circumstances months ago, and my life has not been the same since.

I know words are but a small consolation at a time like this, but you have my condolences. If there is anything I can do to help. or if you would just like to talk, please feel free to PM me...I share your grief.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and my prayers.

MexicoKaren said:
We'll take the bag with the poison to our vet this morning to see if he can shed any light on it - the fish was covered in a fine white powder.

You may want to share the Vet's findings with the Police!

I'm so sorry to hear about this Miss Karen...It's so sad!

Karen, please just make sure you are very careful. If it was your drug dealing neighbors next door then going to the police could be dangerous. I am not saying you should not do that, but make sure you do it in the safest way possible. I know you would do that anyway, but I just had to say it. I would hate to see them take out their anger on you or your husband next.

Oh Karen, I can't even imagine what this is like. Such a vicious and senseless act. I am so, so sorry for you and your hubby. And it can't make y'all feel very secure knowing it was likely your next-door neighbors! I hope the authorities can give you some assistance without putting you in danger. I'm not sure if Mexico has very strong animal cruelty laws or not but perhaps the police can do something about this horrible act. Please know that you have the heartfelt sympathies of everyone here.

GB, your comments are taken to heart. We have not made a decision regarding consulting the police, and will seek the advice of other Mexican friends before we do anything. The turnaround that our neighbors have experienced is a great disappointment to us - they have always been a nice young family who included us in their family celebrations. Dagwood and Blondie came to us as puppies from the same neighbor and he has always (until lately) come by to visit with them daily. It is curious that he has not been over to ask what happened to them. Perhaps he knows...we will proceed cautiously. Your advice is right on. Thanks.

I am so sorry.... the thought that people can be so mean just makes me sick.

GB is right be careful.
The drug problem in Mexico is getting worse daily... ya don't want to be involved.

Karen... I am so terribly sorry to hear this. My dogs are like my kids as well so I can imagine how devastated you are. I sometimes worry about leaving my dogs in the yard for similar reasons. My neighborhood has a decent amount of "traffic" and my dogs can be quite barky While I like the fact that they are alert to activity on the street I do worry that they may upset the wrong people.. I too would use caution in prosecuting when drugs are involved people can be quite ruthless. Again I am truly saddened for you.

Back
Top Bottom