Michael From F.W., our whiz kid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok - Goodweed - I'm going to shoot from the hip (aka: I'm not going to look it up) from what I remember when I really wanted to go to Scripps in La Jolla to work in interspecies communications with ceatations back in my mid 20's ... it has something to do with either the inner ear and/or cerebral blood pressure regulation during deep dives - or something like that, I think. Thanks for picking something I am at least somewhat familiar with! If you had asked me a question about reptiles I would have been totally clueless!

I'm afraid Marty-23 has the big stumper ... that has me totally befuddled!!!

Katie - don't get too close ... before you check his nose make sure he's not foaming around the mouth!

Last edited:
I'm with you on the "What is this?" question, Michael. As for the dolphin question Goodweed posed, whoa, I'll have to Google your reply because I'm totally in the dark. Love all your thorough answers, though.

LOL - Katie ... I'm refraining from looking it up (don't want to be called a cheater) ... so I, too, am waiting for Goodweed to let me know if I'm close or not!

It is indeed a pressure regulating organ that allows our finned freind to free-dive to depths that would incapacitate us, and very quickly I might add.

Good job.

Ok, someone else's turn to post a question.;)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Ok, I’ll try my hand. What is a “wheatstone bridge” used for? :cool:

And this one is easily solved by Google, but it is from my field so I know it intimately without looking it up.

:LOL:Oh oh oh! I wanna play!!!

Who put the tribbles in the quatrotriticale? No fair looking it up Michael!

Maybe something a little more arcane? You know what dial-a-yield is?

I know the nictitating membrane and the wheatstone bridge, but I aint tellin!:ROFLMAO: We learned about the Wheatstone bridge way back in Aviation Electronics "A" school back in Millington Tennesse (circa 1975). And the nictitating membrane, couldn't tell ya where I remember that from. But I picked it up somewhere.

Sorry 'bout puttin' ya on the spot my freind. But sometimes, you do amaze us.;)

Last edited:
Michael is actually supposed to answer the questions. But, since I'm the originator of the thread, I say let's open it to anyone who wants to participate. I'll refrain from answering the nictitating membrane/wheatstone bridge question. Everyone else, feel free to answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom