"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #111
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I live on the third floor and the laundry room is in the basement!

Now, about those cakes, I sure would like to be a Joisey cake whacker!
ROTFLMBO!! I may just hafta whack a cake. I gotta take it out on sumtin!!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #112
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
ROTFLMBO!! I may just hafta whack a cake. I gotta take it out on sumtin!!
Just remember to wipe off the knife and act like nothing has happened.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #113
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Just remember to wipe off the knife and act like nothing has happened.
Fuhgeddaboudit nuttin happen here!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #114
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here with a movie on about King George III going mad. I know the feeling. I will fall asleep about ten in the morning and the doorbell will ring and wake me up. It will be Staples with my new printer. I will just get back to sleep and Son #1 will show up with Teddy Bear looking for his treats. Son will hook up the printer. He will also unpack the new wheelchair that my daughter bought for my birthday. After he leaves (finally!) I will go back to sleep and the recreation building coordinator will call me and ask if I have her notices about Palm Sunday. I will tell her to come and get them. Try to get back to sleep and I will get another call looking for my sugar readings. By then I will give up and just stay awake. Oh well, maybe I an get some sleep Wednesday.

Oh, I forgot. I have to order a new keyboard for the computer tomorrow also. I would have ordered it tonight, but I want Son #1 to see the two I have in mind. Hopefully he can go down the street to Stapled and pick it up. Or maybe drive me there.

Last week at this time we had temps in the 80's. Tonight it is freezing out. I have the window cracked a little to get some fresh air in the apartment. And the heat is running constantly.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:14 AM   #115
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here with a movie on about King George III going mad. I know the feeling. I will fall asleep about ten in the morning and the doorbell will ring and wake me up. It will be Staples with my new printer. I will just get back to sleep and Son #1 will show up with Teddy Bear looking for his treats. Son will hook up the printer. He will also unpack the new wheelchair that my daughter bought for my birthday. After he leaves (finally!) I will go back to sleep and the recreation building coordinator will call me and ask if I have her notices about Palm Sunday. I will tell her to come and get them. Try to get back to sleep and I will get another call looking for my sugar readings. By then I will give up and just stay awake. Oh well, maybe I an get some sleep Wednesday.

Oh, I forgot. I have to order a new keyboard for the computer tomorrow also. I would have ordered it tonight, but I want Son #1 to see the two I have in mind. Hopefully he can go down the street to Stapled and pick it up. Or maybe drive me there.

Last week at this time we had temps in the 80's. Tonight it is freezing out. I have the window cracked a little to get some fresh air in the apartment. And the heat is running constantly.
I have those days also. And go sometimes for several days without sleep. It gets crazy and you get so over tired you can't fall asleep. I understand completely.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:16 AM   #116
Master Chef

Heres the Chocolate pound cake. I decided I earned a slice LOL

Old 12-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #117
Master Chef

Resurrecting this thread.

Having a problem with pain and insomnia tonight so sleep is elusive.

Anyone here tonight?

I would cook something but most of my joints are screaming.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #118
Master Chef

Here it is! I looked for "Midnight Oil Cafe" about a year ago, but couldn't find it. Thanks for dusting it off, msm.

I'm usually up late not due to pain, but because I just don't know how to "go to bed". No problem sleeping once I'm there, but it seems like Himself and I run on Hawaiian time - without the lovely beaches and palm trees.

I hope you get relief for your aching joints soon. Then again, maybe a joint is what your doctor might end up prescribing for your aches someday?
Old 12-05-2016, 02:13 AM   #119
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm here. I would jump out a window if my office had windows.

I'm not sure if working 7 days a week is worse than being in pain at home. I hope you're alright, mofet.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:38 AM   #120
Master Chef

Thank you both.

Well I am using the time working up my Christmas Eve/Day menus and shopping lists

AND

My New Years Eve/Day menus and shopping lists

Time well spent.

I am planning to add a new to me recipe - Shrimp Scampi over Jasmine rice to my Christmas Eve dinner.