Midnite Oil Cafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Management had to lower the price of their tickets due to the lack of Dodger fans weren't interested.

If we win tonight, I am glad it will be on the west coast. This city goes nuts whenever one of our team wins the BIG ONE! It will be bad enough when their plane lands. Hundred of fans ready to welcome them home. And then of course there will be the parade on the duck trucks through the city streets.

I am always amazed at how some sports fans seem to think the way to celebrate a championship is to set things on fire -- like furniture... and cars. :ohmy:

CD

Screw LA. The Red Sox are overall a better club. They're take the WS tonight!!
As well they should, since they have the highest payroll in baseball at $233,200,429. :ohmy: That's a lot of hot dogs. :LOL: Not like the Dodgers are cheap, though - third in baseball at $186,220,715. After my Indians (15th, with $134,851,566) were knocked out of the playoffs, I was really hoping that Team Number 26 (Brewers at $90,964,571) was going to win the NL.

bucky will be happy - we watched CBS tonight. :LOL:

Another sleepless night. Pain and worrying about some issues have me unable to fall asleep.

I have had shots in both wrists and they didn't help at all.

I have had the shots three times. The first two really helped. The third ones were with a different doctor. The first doctor had left to have her baby. The second doctor has left my right hand almost useless. And I am right handed. I need to go back. The doctors come and go at Boston Medical Center. So I am waiting for this one to leave also. This is a teaching hospital for Boston University. Which is sponsored and a supported part of BMC. June is coming up. That means graduation and a whole new slew of doctors. Whatever happened to the expression "My Doctor?"

I also had the shots in my left hip by a doctor in private practice in my left hip. Those shots lasted me more than a year. So I had them again by him when my hip started to hurt again. He informed me that he would only give me the shots one more time. Three times in the same area is all he would provide. I knew about the three time rule. At least I was pain free for three years in my left hip and could walk. He also explained that the cortisone shots can and do destroy your bones in the end. That is the reason for the three shots only in any one area.

With the present doctor, these past shots was the third round of shots. So now there is not much more he can do for me. Pirate also had the shots in his shoulder when he had the surgery on it. Knowing the lasting effects, he never went back for anymore shots. He opted for pain meds instead.

Good luck. I do hope your pain subsides. You know the old saying. "Getting old is hard work."

The doctors come and go at Boston Medical Center. So I am waiting for this one to leave also. This is a teaching hospital for Boston University. Which is sponsored and a supported part of BMC. June is coming up. That means graduation and a whole new slew of doctors. Whatever happened to the expression "My Doctor?"
My doctors are part of a medical school, too, but they're faculty, not residents. Find out who the attending faculty are (attending meaning they have completed their residency - 3-5 years of specialty training - and can practice independently) and make sure your appointments are with one of them.

The new slew of residents start their training July 1.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom