Midnite Oil Cafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good day everyone!!

Well this how my day has been so far.

I went to the doctor today and I had blood drawn, a cortisone shot in my left shoulder for bursitis, RX for 2 creams - Clotrimazole/Betamethazone cream and Hydrocortizone cream both for extreme eczema on the back of both my hands
and Vicodan pain - in the shoulder (till the shot takes affect), hands and a severe sprained ankle.
I had planned sub gum chicken chow mein and fried rice for dinner tonight but I'm not sure how much cooking I will be doing tonight.
BUT on a positive note at least my street has FINALLY been plowed!! :LOL:

Good day everyone!!

Well this how my day has been so far.

I went to the doctor today and I had blood drawn, a cortisone shot in my left shoulder for bursitis, RX for 2 creams - Clotrimazole/Betamethazone cream and Hydrocortizone cream both for extreme eczema on the back of both my hands
and Vicodan pain - in the shoulder (till the shot takes affect), hands and a severe sprained ankle.
I had planned sub gum chicken chow mein and fried rice for dinner tonight but I'm not sure how much cooking I will be doing tonight.
BUT on a positive note at least my street has FINALLY been plowed!! :LOL:

Oh man! I hope you feel better, soon!:ohmy:

i hope all of the meds kick in and start working soon, mofet.

today, new year's eve, is going to be an interesting one for me. i have to work until 11am, then get home, maybe sleep and hour or two, then go out for dinner before going to the devils' game. when the game gets out, i have to drop the family off at home, then get back into work by 11pm.

i envy those who can sleep. :neutral:

to sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
for in that sleep of death what dreams may come.

i hope all of the meds kick in and start working soon, mofet.

today, new year's eve, is going to be an interesting one for me. i have to work until 11am, then get home, maybe sleep and hour or two, then go out for dinner before going to the devils' game. when the game gets out, i have to drop the family off at home, then get back into work by 11pm.

i envy those who can sleep. :neutral:

to sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
for in that sleep of death what dreams may come.
Thank you Bucky and I don't envy you!!

Nice poem.

Burning the Midnite (or 3 AM) oil again!

Anyone else around?

Burning the Midnite (or 3 AM) oil again!

Anyone else around?

Hi! I'm still here, or I should say here again. Just catching up on the latest posts. I found that Garlic Soup recipe and the tweaks that TaxLady posted and copied and pasted the two posts on the same sheet, enlarged the font and printed it out. That one sounds really good.

What are you doing?

Hi! I'm still here, or I should say here again. Just catching up on the latest posts. I found that Garlic Soup recipe and the tweaks that TaxLady posted and copied and pasted the two posts on the same sheet, enlarged the font and printed it out. That one sounds really good.

What are you doing?
Garlic soup? Do tell!!

I am listening to favorite TV Theme songs from years gone by.

msmofet, that is the point exactly. The families and friends make stews and such from the food that is going to go bad if they don't, and eat together for those days. 4 days is easy-peasy. If you pack your freezer right (I've lived in two states where we pretty much knew long outages could occur), then you just know what is thawing, and make stews, chilis, etc, on your charcoal or gas grill and share the wealth.

For those who don't know, especially those who are new to "tropic" conditions, when hurricane season is about to start, start filling all pop, soda, etc bottles with water at the beginning of the season. Fill every available space in your freezer with this water (fill the bottles about 90% full, leave some room for expansion). The water will freeze. You just work around the bottles during the summer. But if the electricity goes, that ice is what keeps your frozen food for a long time, and it is also a source of drinking water. Trust me, I've done it. Nothing like that cold drink of water when everyone else is looking for it, or drinking lukewarm boiled water, and it keeps that freezer cold for several days.

I've gone 2 weeks or more without power. Not fun, but not the end of the world either, if you realize you live in a hurricane (or other natural disaster) prone place.

msmofet, that is the point exactly. The families and friends make stews and such from the food that is going to go bad if they don't, and eat together for those days. 4 days is easy-peasy. If you pack your freezer right (I've lived in two states where we pretty much knew long outages could occur), then you just know what is thawing, and make stews, chilis, etc, on your charcoal or gas grill and share the wealth.

For those who don't know, especially those who are new to "tropic" conditions, when hurricane season is about to start, start filling all pop, soda, etc bottles with water at the beginning of the season. Fill every available space in your freezer with this water (fill the bottles about 90% full, leave some room for expansion). The water will freeze. You just work around the bottles during the summer. But if the electricity goes, that ice is what keeps your frozen food for a long time, and it is also a source of drinking water. Trust me, I've done it. Nothing like that cold drink of water when everyone else is looking for it, or drinking lukewarm boiled water, and it keeps that freezer cold for several days.

I've gone 2 weeks or more without power. Not fun, but not the end of the world either, if you realize you live in a hurricane (or other natural disaster) prone place.
OK good info but where did this come from? I feel like I walked into the middle of a conversation. Is this a continuation from the snow storm? I am just a little bit confused. (Which is a normal part of my life!! LOL)

Garlic soup? Do tell!!

I am listening to favorite TV Theme songs from years gone by.

It won't let me copy the file right now, but I'll get it for you later. It sounds really good. I've got to try it.:chef:

I've just kept Animal Planet on, muted just for the pretty pictures, and pretty much just puttering around.

Last edited:
WTHeck is going on with the avi's? I want to change mine to something new and it won't let me no matter how small I resize!!

Good evening/late night/early morning everyone!!

I have resigned myself to the fact that I sleep better during the daylight hours for some reason. Only problem is that there isn't many people around at this time right now to play with!! LOL I get so lonely playing with myself!! :ermm: :LOL:

Good evening/late night/early morning everyone!!

I have resigned myself to the fact that I sleep better during the daylight hours for some reason. Only problem is that there isn't many people around at this time right now to play with!! LOL I get so lonely playing with myself!! :ermm: :LOL:

me to msmofet. always have done. last night awake til 4 am. slept til 12:30 this afternoon. it does make the day very short and out of sync with most of the world. lol:sleep::sleep:

me to msmofet. always have done. last night awake til 4 am. slept til 12:30 this afternoon. it does make the day very short and out of sync with most of the world. lol:sleep::sleep:
Hey there Babe!! XOXOXOXO

I am STILL awake since yesterday 7 AM.

My little cutie

img_957686_0_ca54ea21eba6a84f883160c4b626bbab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom