Midnite Oil Cafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey there Babe!! XOXOXOXO

I am STILL awake since yesterday 7 AM.

I too am often up very late. It comes from working evenings. Takes me forever to wind down enough to sleep, so I know how you feel. Often before I get to bed dh is waking up to go to work. What a drag.

Thank you. He is an outside cat that adopted us!! He comes in and stays for a day or 2 then goes out for the night and comes back in the morning.

I finally got some sleep last night!!

Thank you. He is an outside cat that adopted us!! He comes in and stays for a day or 2 then goes out for the night and comes back in the morning.

I finally got some sleep last night!!

Thank goodness, I was getting worried about your lack of sleep.:wub:

ARRRRRRRG bursitis has me in pain and sleep is eluding me tonight!

DH was supposed to land at the Montreal airport at 23h45 EST, coming home from Calgary. His flight is delayed. Expected arrival 01h15. Phooey. I want my sweetie.

I am with you on that one. Specially when you have someone picking you up.

Dad had to abandon me once at Denver International because my flight was delayed and his was on time. First time I ever got on a plane by myself AND without someone waving good-bye...got to be old hand while Mom was going through Chemo.

Missoula International only has one concourse...it's impossible for me to get on the wrong plane...:ermm:

Dad had to abandon me once at Denver International because my flight was delayed and his was on time. First time I ever got on a plane by myself AND without someone waving good-bye...got to be old hand while Mom was going through Chemo.

Missoula International only has one concourse...it's impossible for me to get on the wrong plane...:ermm:

Sounds like Knoxville. You walk out to your plane either to the right or left. One side is always closed until the other side fills up. But the part I love the most is the observation window. There is a long line of armed rocking chairs just waiting for Ma and Pa to see the young n'e come home. And you have to walk out to the airplane and go up the stairs into the plane. Shades of George Brent and "Wings." :chef:

Whenever I'm on my way "home," whether it is by land or air, I can hardly wait to see my parents waiting at the gate...It brings tears to my eyes.

Whenever I'm on my way "home," whether it is by land or air, I can hardly wait to see my parents waiting at the gate...It brings tears to my eyes.

I spent many months flying back and forth between Missoula and Denver when Mom was going through Chemo and radiation. Shrek would have spent most of his off time at the airport. The reason I was doing the traveling was because Dad had to get back to work and he was a service engineer for the company, which required he fly out on a weekly basis to parts all over. I bet some of the time we crossed each others paths in and out of DIA. I remember one week he was in Missoula, while I was in Denver, he and Shrek had lunch and dinner together that week.

PF, just curious. Why didn't your father take "family leave" during that time. When my SIL was diagnosed, my daughter took a six month leave, and was able to work part time at home toward the end. Her husband is not one to get to sentimental. But he told her one day a couple of years later, that having her there when he had to go through the chemo, made it a little easier for him and he thanked her.

She knew by taking famly leave, she couldn't lose her job. :chef:

PF, just curious. Why didn't your father take "family leave" during that time. When my SIL was diagnosed, my daughter took a six month leave, and was able to work part time at home toward the end. Her husband is not one to get to sentimental. But he told her one day a couple of years later, that having her there when he had to go through the chemo, made it a little easier for him and he thanked her.

She knew by taking famly leave, she couldn't lose her job. :chef:

He did, as soon as she got her diagnosis on breast cancer. Her doctor DID NOT send her to an oncologist, he was just going to do the surgery to remove the tumor, nothing else. It took me convincing Dad that NOTHING should be done until she saw an Oncologist. By then 4 weeks had passed and he had 5 months left of family leave. She got started on chemo and radiation and the surgery took place. Dad did fine, two moths into that and it was discovered she had ovarian cancer, too. Another surgery, more chemo and radiation and Dad decided he couldn't keep up the pace and needed time at work for his own sanity. He doesn't do well sitting around waiting. It's very important for caregivers to realize they need rest too.

We talked it over and I would go down on his days on the job every other week. I'd leave here on Monday and come home on Thursday, being chauffer to appointments and work for Mom. I'd drop off the van for Dad at the airport, sometimes we were able to meet at the airport and have dinner, catch him up on what was going on with Mom. It worked fine and Mom was able to keep going to work as she wanted and make all her appointments, but she wasn't allowed to drive because she was so anemic that she would collapse.

I lasted about 4 months (I got exhausted) and then it was almost done. Dad took the last month he had available for family leave. Mom has now finished all of her treatments and has been cancer free for 6 years. :w00t2:

Back
Top Bottom