"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #51
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Animaniacs Rule! Love them, especially The Baby and Buttons, I have no access to her name right now.
Mindy and Buttons!!! The Elveator cartoon with them is my most favorite!

Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 AM   #52
Master Chef

I am not having a good night at all!! insomnia, pain and the freaking cat barfed all over the bed and down the hallway!! ARRRRRRRRRRRG!!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:28 AM   #53
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Animaniacs Rule! Love them, especially The Baby and Buttons, I have no access to her name right now.
I somehow knew you would be an Animaniacs fan! Her name is Mindy...

OOPs..didn't see that last post....
Old 12-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Poor video quality, but the sound is fine:
Old 12-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I am not having a good night at all!! insomnia, pain and the freaking cat barfed all over the bed and down the hallway!! ARRRRRRRRRRRG!!
(((hugs))) Feeling any better now?

Ain't that the pits when the cat decides that to barf wherever would be worst, right now. I hate cleaning hairballs off the furniture or bed.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #56
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((hugs))) Feeling any better now?

Ain't that the pits when the cat decides that to barf wherever would be worst, right now. I hate cleaning hairballs off the furniture or bed.
It was food not something "easier" (no barf is easy but food stinks!) like hairball. I had to wash full size comforter AND a full size wool hand knitted throw blanket. ONE at a time because I have one of those small capacity washer and dryer. One unit the kind with the washer on the bottom and the dryer on top. It is 120 house current and you can't run both at the same time so it is taking hours!!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #57
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Poor video quality, but the sound is fine:
I have the DVDs
Old 12-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #58
Master Chef

msmofet, my sympathies! I live in a really old house, and there is only room for the unit you describe. When I bought the place, the dryer was gas, so i could run both. Then when I had to replace it (the washer part died), the state came in and said my gas lines to that part of the house were copper and condemned them (it's an old shotgun style house and the washer in in the back addition, far from the street). So a quick call to Sears and no, I now need electric. Then after a few hours of thought, a really panicked call to tell them it had to be 110/120, not the normal 220.. I was astonished to realize that I can't run the washer and dryer at the same time! Effectively doubling the time it takes to do a load of laundry! Luckily there are only two of us, and there's a laundromat a few blocks away for really big stuff.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #59
Master Chef

Another thing that helps when you have outages, is to be friends with your neighbors. We often took turns having sort of "this food has to go" parties, where one neighbor or relative would cook a huge batch of what needs to go, and share. Once in Florida it was funny. My husband and I were on the road with truck and camper when a hurricane hit my families' homes in Florida (we were spared, at the time in New Orleans, yes, obviously before Katrina or I wouldn't be alive to tell the tale). My parents evacuated to our trailer, then we had a few days' vacation together, and we followed them to Florida .... where our camp site regained electricity before their home did; plus of course, being a camper, we had battery and propane to live off. At the end of every day they'd come to our trailer for a good meal and hot showers. I think they were out of electricity for a week, and the trailer was a real God-send.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #60
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Another thing that helps when you have outages, is to be friends with your neighbors. We often took turns having sort of "this food has to go" parties, where one neighbor or relative would cook a huge batch of what needs to go, and share. Once in Florida it was funny. My husband and I were on the road with truck and camper when a hurricane hit my families' homes in Florida (we were spared, at the time in New Orleans, yes, obviously before Katrina or I wouldn't be alive to tell the tale). My parents evacuated to our trailer, then we had a few days' vacation together, and we followed them to Florida .... where our camp site regained electricity before their home did; plus of course, being a camper, we had battery and propane to live off. At the end of every day they'd come to our trailer for a good meal and hot showers. I think they were out of electricity for a week, and the trailer was a real God-send.
Thats a good idea BUT the whole area was out of power for 4 days. Most of my side of county was out in fact.