Midnite Oil Cafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still snowing and my furnace started smoking and went off, now my house smells like gas. I don't have a car I can drive because hub took it to work, he also has my bank card and he put our ladder in the U-Store. So I have no ladder to check the roof, can't get out with the car and if I did get out somehow I don't have a card to charge a hotel room!! I called hub and I don't even want to repeat the crap he shoveled at me!! I am crying and have to figure out how to keep the girls warm and the pipes from freezing and bursting!! :(

It's still snowing and my furnace started smoking and went off, now my house smells like gas. I don't have a car I can drive because hub took it to work, he also has my bank card and he put our ladder in the U-Store. So I have no ladder to check the roof, can't get out with the car and if I did get out somehow I don't have a card to charge a hotel room!! I called hub and I don't even want to repeat the crap he shoveled at me!! I am crying and have to figure out how to keep the girls warm and the pipes from freezing and bursting!! :(

Can you call the gas com[pany and tell them they need to check...I think the fire department would also respond if you are smelling gas.

Sorry to dump that on you guys. I have to try and figure something out. I will be back later.

Can you call the gas com[pany and tell them they need to check...I think the fire department would also respond if you are smelling gas.
We use kerosene and I can't get to the tank. I will be back later. I need to try and call someone.

i wish i knew before i left for work, mofet. i coulda brought you a ladder or something.

i would call pse&g, or your oil provider, or if worse comes to worst, the fire dept..

i wish i knew before i left for work, mofet. i coulda brought you a ladder or something.

i would call pse&g, or your oil provider, or if worse comes to worst, the fire dept..
Thanks Bucky. I left message on fuel company phone.

i know it doesn't help now, but keeping one or two of those cheap oil filled electric radiators in a back closet comes in handy as an emergency backup.

if it really gets bad, boil water on the stovetop to help raise temp and humidity, and put as many fat candles in as many coffee tins as you can find, lght them and put them in safe places. you'd be surprised at how much heat you'll get in small rooms with them.

(((hugs)))

How soon will your husband be home? You should be all right for at least a day or two. How cold is it outside?

We heat with electricity and it was chilly, but okay during the ice storm in the late '90s. We didn't have any power for eight days. We wore lots of clothes in the house and the cats slept in the bed with us.

(((hugs)))

How soon will your husband be home? You should be all right for at least a day or two. How cold is it outside?

We heat with electricity and it was chilly, but okay during the ice storm in the late '90s. We didn't have any power for eight days. We wore lots of clothes in the house and the cats slept in the bed with us.
Thank you. The wind chill is 4F or below.

Hello all. The smell of gas was because the furnace chimney was covered in about 2 1/2 feet of snow maybe more and the fumes that couldn't escape the chimney came in the house and the furnace shut itself off. I opened my cabinets and kept putting the dryer on in the bathroom to keep the pipes from freezing. Put the oven on and off a few times for heat. I didn't get much sleep and was having putter problems. (I will deal with that later.) Also on top of all that crap the toilet was stopped up. I thought just what I need frozen waste pipe also. But it just needed a lot of plunging. I have no clue what the problem was but after about an hour of plunging and cussing that was taken care of. AND as a bonus I worked up a sweat which kept me warm!! (hey a bright side!! LOL) Hub cleared the chimney off off this AM. I did make a post about all this before I did the dinner thread but then my putter froze had to shut it down. When I came back just now that post is gone for some reason. I finally got some hours sleep. It is very windy out there. They weather channel and the channel 12 Jersey news station said that bergan county got around to 30" of snow. I am right in the middle of that band of snow fall. I went out this morning to try and shovel the deck and steps, took 4 steps, fell on my a$$ and twisted my ankle so bad that it is swollen to twice it's normal size. BUT brightside I stayed on my butt buried in about 2 feet of snow so I ICED the ankle for about 10 minutes!! I am trying to have a sense of humor here. When it snows it blizzards!! I cracked myself up!! :arrow: That girl should get over here with a big a$$ box of salt!!

(((hugs))) I hope the ankle is better soon. Have you put an elastic bandage on it? Don't walk on it too much. Sounds sprained to me, but I'm no expert. Crutches might be a good idea.

I'm glad the furnace problem is taken care of with no frozen pipes.

(((hugs))) I hope the ankle is better soon. Have you put an elastic bandage on it? Don't walk on it too much. Sounds sprained to me, but I'm no expert. Crutches might be a good idea.

I'm glad the furnace problem is taken care of with no frozen pipes.
Thank you taxlady

Hello all. ... I went out this morning to try and shovel the deck and steps, took 4 steps, fell on my a$$ and twisted my ankle so bad that it is swollen to twice it's normal size. BUT brightside I stayed on my butt buried in about 2 feet of snow so I ICED the ankle for about 10 minutes!! I am trying to have a sense of humor here. When it snows it blizzards!! I cracked myself up!! :arrow: That girl should get over here with a big a$$ box of salt!!

Careful...I usually trip over handicapped ramps and do myself injury. I'm so glad that everything worked out, even though you ended up with a bum ankle!

Hugs

Careful...I usually trip over handicapped ramps and do myself injury. I'm so glad that everything worked out, even though you ended up with a bum ankle!

Hugs
:LOL: Me too!! I fall off those kitchen rugs that are only 1/4 inch thick!! My foot and ankle are damaged from a car accident years ago to begin with.

Last year, the ramp leading into the building was iced up. I headed outside to start my Jeep, since it had been very windy, I hit the top of the ramp, slid all the way down on one heel and ended up at the bottom, in slush, on my back...all four paws in the air. I had the wind knocked out of me and I was soaking wet, but I was unhurt, except for my pride.

Last year, the ramp leading into the building was iced up. I headed outside to start my Jeep, since it had been very windy, I hit the top of the ramp, slid all the way down on one heel and ended up at the bottom, in slush, on my back...all four paws in the air. I had the wind knocked out of me and I was soaking wet, but I was unhurt, except for my pride.
Oh owie!!

I went down in snow and when I landed in the snow what flashed through my mind was a cartoon of someone hitting the ground and a cloud of snow going up! PUFF!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom