Midnite Oil Cafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I am having another sleepless night.

I hope LP shows up to teach me the ins and outs of Chinese egg rolls and BBQ spare ribs.

Whos around tonight? Want to shoot the breeze?

*yawn* Still here! DH works so many 4-midnights that we're on Hawaii time.

The only Chinese I do is in a wok. Can't help you with the ribs or egg rolls. But I make a mean stir-fry.

*yawn* Still here! DH works so many 4-midnights that we're on Hawaii time.

The only Chinese I do is in a wok. Can't help you with the ribs or egg rolls. But I make a mean stir-fry.
hello there!! i do beef and broccoli, my version of sub gum chicken chow mein and a pretty good veggie fried rice.
do you have any pics of your stir fry?

Until I started coming around here I never even thought of making my food "model".:LOL: Although years ago I did work with someone who had been a food stylist in a previous job. Word is the food in the photo shoots is pretty much inedible.

yeah i hear milk is elmers glue, soup has marbels in it for chunk etc

i am going crazy here!! i keep getting notice of the same PM EVERYTIME i refresh or change a page. and i can't delte it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrg its bad enough i can't sleep now i have the PM phantom hounding me!! LOL not

And a bit of varnish in the maple syrup, which is poured over pancakes that include plaster of Paris. :sick: But the law makes them use the REAL product in a certain percentage...something like more than half has to be the product advertised. I remember she also said that chicken that looked so good and juicy was also raw inside.

Well goodnight, msmofet! I'm throwing in the dishtowel and heading off for bed. YOU had better try, too! Stick out your mug and I'll give you a wee dram of cognac to knock you out!;) 'night!

was awake til four am. to sleepy to do anything. of course then i slept to late and it screws up my whole day.

i have always, always had trouble sleeping. have tried everything i could.

i also was up till 5am but i only got about 3 hours sleep and was woke up 2X during that 3 hours.

Well this blizzard has my joints screaming and I don't think I will be sleeping much tonight. Whos going to be around?

i'm here, mofet.

it was a trip to get into the city tonight. took me over an hour, with a lot of fishtailing and powering around all of those dumba$$es in 2 wheel drive vehicles. visibility was a real beetch, though. this really is a blizzard.

i love driving in the snow, but it gets dicey at times when other people don't know how to drive by the seat of their pants. i saw several spin-outs ahead of me, and when i hit the same spot i just turned into it, kind of drifting through it with wheels spinning. you can feel it.

in the end, i lucked out and got a spot under an overpass of a sanitation building so i won't have to dig out. not till 7am.

I'll be around a while, but do have to remember to get my blood draw done in the morning, before I eat anything or take my meds. The only way I can manage it is to sleep(?) and show up at the hospital in my jammies as soon as they open the lab doors.

My husband has been sick all day. I don't think it's a biggie, I had a tummy tumble earlier this week, but of course it's serious because he's a guy. But I'm enjoying the last of my wine, and put him out with benedryl for most of the night. For some reason --- I just do not feel sleepy. I'm planning on hitting the lazy-boy with a tall glass of water at my side and a book in hand. No way am I going to bed tonight, it would be a waste of my time and would guarantee he'd not sleep (as soon as I enter the room he gets sicker). I need to watch the wine after this glass, though, in case there is a serious problem. Like I need yet another reason to be awake. The book I'm reading is "Juliet", so guess I'll look on the book thread to see if anyone else has read it.

Shrek was falling asleep about 3 hours ago, now he's wide awake! He needs to go to sleep first so I can go to bed. He drives me nuts...if I snore he wakes me up to stop, if I don't snore...he wakes me up to see if I'm still breathing!:wacko::wacko:

Back
Top Bottom