Miracles do happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
It's hard to believe that BH ( Beloved Husband) has been home from hospital for 2 weeks now and is doing so very well. Regaining strength slowly but steadily. He has even been taking a turn round the garden because we have had such lovely Spring weather.
He wasn't sleeping at all well because of the discomfort and pain of trying to get from lying to sitting and vice versa.
On the very day we had a visit from someone re the possibility of obtaining a grant towards the purchase of an adjustable bed,( we couldn't even begin to afford to buy one) BH's colleague from work visited. He said his disabled friend had been given a new adjustable bed but didn't find it fitted her needs. She had heard about BH and wanted to give the bed to him! Her son came that very night. Dismantled our other bed and installed the adjustable one. Since then BH has had really good sleeps and not been awake at 5.00a.m. through discomfort. :angel: Thank-you God.

A week today BH has to return to hospital for a couple of days while everything is checked out. Then he will hopefully be out of the woods and onto the flat. I cannot tell you how much it means to me to know that he is sleeping so much better and in comfort not pain.

(The Practice Nurse tells me I may have shingles but that it definitely will not cause any risk to BH. It's not full blown so hopefully will return from whence it came.)

Hope you don't mind reading all this . It's just that I feel like I'm walking out of clouds into wonderful sunshine and wanted to share the joy.
http://

csalt,
how wonderful for the both of you. Just when you think the world is devoid of feeling,caring people, one knocks on your door.It just proves that people are good and it's a pleasure to know them..Best wishes to your husband and to you..You're both very special...Keep healing and enjoy that "Sunshine"

kadesma

There aren't very many nice perople out there but in the times that we need one most, they always come out of hiding.;) I am so glad to hear that things are going so well for you and you husband. God bless you both and I will keep you both in my prayers for a continuous, speedy recovery. You take care of yourself as well so those shingles don't get any worse. :)

Agree

I do believe in miracles. What a gratifying feeling you must have! Just keep on being thankful for the small things as well as the large. When a loved one is experiencing any sort of pain, it pains you more. Have been t here many times. As you, I am so humble when relief comes. What a joy!!

Take care of yourself as he needs you to be there in order to continue. Oh, thanks for sharing. Makes my day!

Oh Csalt, I'm so happy for you and your husband. We can hear your joy on the post.

Yes miracles happen everyday. Such wonderful news about DH I hope and pray that he gets stronger every minute of everyday.

How are you doing with the shingles? That can either be mild or very painful.

Absolutely the perfect gift and so very kind. There are plenty of good people in the world, lots of them members of this forum, though when you watch the news on the TV you'd hardly know it. Hope you do OK with the shingles. Get plenty of rest yourself.

I too believe in Miracles. I am so happy to hear that your BH is getting a good night sleep, it helps so much in his getting better. Thank you so much for sharing. God Bless you both.

Brilliant news Csalt!! I am so happy for you two, and just in time to enjoy the blossoming spring!! Take good care both of you, and let's hope he will be completely cured soon!!:)

Good news!! You both are in our thoughts for good things to keep happening.

Thank-you all.
This is such a warm, kind place to be. It really lifts one up.

I am so happy for you and your DH. Yes, Miracles do happen. I thank God often for letting us keep my John here with us.

He wants a Laptop Computer so bad..5 weeks in the hospital and all but a few days in I.C.U. is driving him up the wall..He has several more to go and then after the bone marrow transplant even more..I wish a laptop would knock on his door.

Sorry, I didn't mean to take over ...
Best of luck csalt.
Marge

Dove said:
I am so happy for you and your DH. Yes, Miracles do happen. I thank God often for letting us keep my John here with us.

He wants a Laptop Computer so bad..5 weeks in the hospital and all but a few days in I.C.U. is driving him up the wall..He has several more to go and then after the bone marrow transplant even more..I wish a laptop would knock on his door.

Sorry, I didn't mean to take over ...
Best of luck csalt.
Marge

You're not taking over Marge. This is chat between friends and off topic chat at that.:) Wish I could afford to send you a laptop for John. It would do him the world of good.
So glad for your continuing good news.

Back
Top Bottom