"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
Everymom

This site just makes my day. I love the random moments that happen to all of us. Here are a couple of my favorites of the day...

Quote:
Today, I woke up with a piece of toast on my face. I have no clue as to how it got there because I live alone. All I know is that my window was open overnight. MLIA
Quote:
Today, while I was sitting in chemistry, a girl asked if she could have some of my water. After she drank it, I told her with mock horror that she drank dihydrogen monoxide (which is just water). She started screaming and told our teacher. He pretended to be shocked and sent her to the nurse. Then he gave me extra credit. I love chem. MLIA

Old 09-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Everymom

Quote:
Today, while walking through the school parking lot to walk home after school, I heard what sounded like an ice cream truck. Considering it was September and I was still on school property, I was very confused. I then saw a car full of seniors drive by, blasting an ice-cream truck jingle, throwing ice cream sandwiches at unexpecting walkers. I got two. MLIA.
Quote:
Today, I had to decide between wearing a stereotypically cute shirt or my favorite t-shirt that has a picture of a dinosaur crying on it with the caption, "All my friends died!" I got the most compliments out of anyone today, including teachers. Dinosaur for the win. MLIA
And my favorite of the day...

Quote:
Today, a guy came to school wearing a dress. He got in trouble for dress code. Not becuase he was wearing a dress, but becuase the dress didnt have sleeves. I love my school. MLIA.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple*tart View Post
I can't be the only one who had to try this out.

no
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

this is a spinoff (im guessing) of another website called FMyLife. As in Fbleepbleepbleep my life. Which is hilarious as well but can be a bit on the vulgar side.

Here are a few of my favorite g rated ones from fmylife:

"today, after being a stay at home mom for the last 15 years, I was turned down for a job for lack of qualifications. It was a housekeeping position. fml."

"today, i had my 3 year old son in the doctors office. During the exam, he informed the doctor that he doesnt sleep in mommys bed anymore because mommy sleeps in her underwear and farts all night long. fml."
Old 09-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
Head Chef

This is my favorite.
Quote:
Today, I was in a department store with my three year old daughter to buy some new jeans. I took her into the dressing room with me and as I began to take off my pants she yells, "Mommy, you can't go peepee in here!!" I no longer welcome in that particular store.FML
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
Head Chef

I totally enjoyed the MLIA site and the FML too. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:30 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Haha that is a great one - definately good for a few laughs as well! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
Everymom

Todays winners...
Quote:
Today, at dinner, my mom asked my sister how many kids she wanted. My sister replied "I want 22, each with a different daddy so I can get more child support" My sister is never allowed outside again. MLIA
Quote:
Today, I met a guy named Tim, and he was wearing an MIT shirt. I said, "Oh, you go to MIT?" and he said, "What? Oh, no. This shirt says "TIM" in the mirror." MLIA
Old 11-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #19
Everymom

OK, just hurt myself laughing at these today. Must share...

Quote:
Today, I was messing around with Mystery Google and typed in "Crazy Stalkers". It came up with "I can see you, look out your window." Sure enough, my boyfriend was sitting in the tree outside my window, about to throw an acorn at it to scare me. Thank you Mystery Google, from keeping my pants free of startled urine. MLIA
Quote:
Today, my eighth grade brother walked in the house from school and told me that his whole class changed their ringtones to coughs just in case it were to go off. I sat on the couch in amazement. Why didn't I think of that? MLIA
Quote:
Today, I was standing in line for coffee on campus and I suddenly heard Kim Possible's ringtone come from the girl standing behind me. She fulfilled my hopes by answering it and saying "What's the sitch?". MLIA
Quote:
Today, my friend and I went to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science. WE were leaving the museum part, already having spent hours in the exhibit. There was an automatic hand stamper and to be festive the stamp was a lightning bolt. I watched as a little boy stuck his head under and get his forehead stamped. He ran away screaming triumphantly as his mother chased him. Hope for future generations has been renewed. MLIA
Quote:
Today, I was trying to telepathically get my best friends attention in english class, after several attempts a boy I had never talked to before turned to me, smiled and then shushed me politely. I am terrified of him. MLIA
Quote:
Today, I went to get my sonogram, and while in the waiting room, a bubbly little 6 yr. old decided to strike up a conversation. She thought she'd tell me where babies come from. Her exact words were, "... and then this dork brings this baby into your life!". I politely asked if she meant "stork". She just looked at me like I was crazy, and said "Obviously, you've never met my dad". Best. Kid. Ever. MLIA
Old 11-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
Chief Eating Officer

That last one is classic Alix!