This has absolutly been the worst day. One string of disasters right after another.
1. It began when a debate on another board went sour. I agreed with a guy and he claimed I took everything he said out of context. LOL!
2. Then I noticed that the spider mites had come back on my Lemon Balm and Genovese Basil so I had to give them another bath.
3. After that I was told not to spray the plants in the bathtub despite the fact that it's 24º outside. Too late, already did.
4. At 8:00 am I realized that I had misprogrammed my VCR and the program I wanted to tape had just gone off.
5. So I settled down to write a BBS Door Game (in DOS) for a friend who still has a BBS and wanted a new game. Not a problem normally, but then the routines to store user information in a central .dat file aren't working and while trying to fix it my laptop had a stroke and lost the [esc], tilde, 1, Q,A and Z keys. When I replaced the keyboard (fortunantly I have a dead "parts only" machine I could canibilize) I discovered it wasn't the keyboard but the motherboard.
5. Of course Windows XP refuses to recognize most DOS programs, and even though I have an old Dell 486 I can set up as a DOS box, it's buried in the bottom of the closet (of course).
6. Dinner time, we had hamburgers, Mmmm! I had a jar of home-made Bread and Butter pickles that was just about empty, but when I went to put the lid back on it was kinda schmutzy (if that's even a word LOL!) and of course the lids for the Mason jars wern't where they always are. So I reach for a new box up in the cabinet subsequently causing an avalance.
7. And to top it all off, both the Mens AND Womens US. Olympic teams got beaten today in one of my favorite Olympic sports, but I won't say which just in case you've taped it and haven't watched it yet.
Sigh. I'm either going to bed or petition Congress to change the calendar so that the 13th can never fall on a Monday again (how about February 12½th?).
~ Raven ~