"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Sous Chef
MONDAY the 13th???? AARRGGHH!!! (Vent)

This has absolutly been the worst day. One string of disasters right after another.

1. It began when a debate on another board went sour. I agreed with a guy and he claimed I took everything he said out of context. LOL!

2. Then I noticed that the spider mites had come back on my Lemon Balm and Genovese Basil so I had to give them another bath.

3. After that I was told not to spray the plants in the bathtub despite the fact that it's 24º outside. Too late, already did.

4. At 8:00 am I realized that I had misprogrammed my VCR and the program I wanted to tape had just gone off.

5. So I settled down to write a BBS Door Game (in DOS) for a friend who still has a BBS and wanted a new game. Not a problem normally, but then the routines to store user information in a central .dat file aren't working and while trying to fix it my laptop had a stroke and lost the [esc], tilde, 1, Q,A and Z keys. When I replaced the keyboard (fortunantly I have a dead "parts only" machine I could canibilize) I discovered it wasn't the keyboard but the motherboard.

5. Of course Windows XP refuses to recognize most DOS programs, and even though I have an old Dell 486 I can set up as a DOS box, it's buried in the bottom of the closet (of course).

6. Dinner time, we had hamburgers, Mmmm! I had a jar of home-made Bread and Butter pickles that was just about empty, but when I went to put the lid back on it was kinda schmutzy (if that's even a word LOL!) and of course the lids for the Mason jars wern't where they always are. So I reach for a new box up in the cabinet subsequently causing an avalance.

7. And to top it all off, both the Mens AND Womens US. Olympic teams got beaten today in one of my favorite Olympic sports, but I won't say which just in case you've taped it and haven't watched it yet.

Sigh. I'm either going to bed or petition Congress to change the calendar so that the 13th can never fall on a Monday again (how about February 12½th?).

~ Raven ~

Mike's Vet and Taxidermy - Either way you get your dog back.

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Raven, the good news is: tomorrow is a new day! What I do when I have days like that is go to bed early. When you wake up in the morning, you will have a brand new day to enjoy! Monday the 13th will be a thing of the past! I'm thinking of you! (ps-sometimes booze helps)

Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sorry Raven... tomorrow will be a better day!!!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Yeah, what Michele Marie said!!!
I'm all about the food!
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:53 AM   #5
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
wow sounds like a friday the 1th instead of a monday...hope it gets better today...
kimbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
Executive Chef
That gives new meaning to "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down". Hope it is the last one you have like that.

Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote