Money Conversion???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I just sent something to a friend in the US. The girl on the phone told me it would end up being XXX amount in Canadian funds. It was more than the amount I paid. I told her it better not be that price now that our dollar was worth more than the US dollar. She sounded somewhat sheepish. I'm going to hope that the credit card folks at least know whats up.

Anyway, that wasn't intended as a slam or anything, just a puzzler. I couldn't believe that they were still quoting me rates that were more for Canadians.

Alix, if you were quoted a price in US funds, there should not be much difference, as the rate of exchange will be determined when your card is billed. However, if they quoted you let's say, $10.00 US or $15.00 CDN, there's where the problem is. I think it will be a few years before we see the prices change. My big beef is books at the airports, $15.00US or $20.00CDN. That hasn't been fair in a long time, IMHO.

Hey Lorraine, it was quoted in US funds and she was just telling me what it would likely be on my credit card statement. I don't think they update their exchange rates as often as they should. LOL. I'll see what happens when I get my statement.

I get a little cheesed with the book thing too! I suspect its something about the shipping or some other excuse like that.

The one that really used to upset me was a cooking club magazine that I bought. It was so much to get a lifetime membership in US funds and then an astronomically larger sum in Canadian funds. Pardon me? I stopped getting the magazine (and I loved it) simply because they would NOT budge. I didn't think that was fair.

Back
Top Bottom