More 10 Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
1. What color do you completely dislike? That ucky color between green and yellow, whatever that is.
2. What is your birthstone? Garnet.
3. What is your favorite restaurant? A little seafood place in Constanta.
4. What was your very first car? A 1988 Dacia 1310 called Snot which is older than I am! I love her!
5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? History
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? DA, Mamma, and Nonna
7. What type of stove do you have? Gas
8. What is your favorite season? Winter (and fishing season on the Black Sea if I could be there)
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? DA's beautiful china cabinet
10. Who is your favorite pet? Both cats, Misty and Kali, and my precious dog, Azia, and the cats and dogs I miss so much back at our home in Brasov, and the boat cats in Constanta

I hope this doesn't get boring. It was so very much fun to see all the other answers and I was curious, again.

With love,
~Cat

1. What color do you completely dislike? That ucky color between green and yellow, whatever that is.
3. What is your favorite restaurant? A little seafood place in Constanta.
4. What was your very first car? A 1988 Dacia 1310 called Snot which is older than I am! I love her!
5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? History
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? DA, Mamma, and Nonna
8. What is your favorite season? Winter (and fishing season on the Black Sea if I could be there)
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? DA's beautiful china cabinet
10. Who is your favorite pet? Both cats, Misty and Kali, and my precious dog, Azia, and the cats and dogs I miss so much back at our home in Brasov, and the boat cats in Constanta

I hope this doesn't get boring. It was so very much fun to see all the other answers and I was curious, again.

With love,
~Cat

1. What color do you completely dislike? Brown
2. What is your birthstone? Opal
3. What is your favorite restaurant? A little seafood place in Constanta. Yes, we love that one!
4. What was your very first car? A 1969 Volvo
5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? English
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? DA, my mother, and my brother Nicu
8. What is your favorite season? Spring
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? My grandmother's china cabinet
10. Who is your favorite pet? All of those Cat listed, but I have come to love her Azia as if she were my own

MammaCat

1. What color do you completely dislike? beige
3. What is your favorite restaurant? Fiesta en Jalisco - Mexican restaurant here
4. What was your very first car? A 1978 Gran Torino
5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? Poetry/Literature
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? Justin Wilson
7. What type of stove do you have? Electric
8. What is your favorite season? Winter
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? My Great Grandmother's Side Table
10. Who is your favorite pet? Latté

1. What color do you completely dislike? orange
3. What is your favorite restaurant? Golden Panda Asian Cuisine
4. What was your very first car? Chevy Vega
5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? English - Writing and Lit
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? My mother and Paternal Grandmother
8. What is your favorite season? Fall
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? My Recliner/lift chair!
10. Who is your favorite pet? Violet (or whichever one is snuggling up with me at any given time)

Last edited:
1. What color do you completely dislike? Grey
2. What is your birthstone? Aquamarine
3. What is your favorite restaurant? Royal's Roast Beef. Just up the street from me.
4. What was your very first car? None. I don't drive. But our first was a 1948 Chevrolet Roadster convertible with a rumble seat.
5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? American History, Commercial Geography
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? My mother
8. What is your favorite season? Summer
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? My wicker daybed
10. Who is your favorite pet? Teddy. Actually he is Spike's dog. I am unable to afford or physically care for a pet. So I live vicariously through Teddy. :angel:

1. What color do you completely dislike? Beige - it's just so blah.

2. What is your birthstone? Diamond

3. What is your favorite restaurant? Tiny little place on the Oregon Coast called Rileys - best fish and chips ever !

4. What was your very first car? 1950 Chevy Coupe in bright yellow

5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? Math

6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? My Step mother

8. What is your favorite season? Winter for the snow and Spring for the freshness

9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? The china cabinet my DH built for me

10. Who is your favorite pet? I have 2 dogs and they are both extremely important parts of the family.

Not boring at all ... great questions !!

1. What color do you completely dislike? Beige-it washes me out.
3. What is your favorite restaurant? Texas Roadhouse
4. What was your very first car? 1965 Mustang
5. What was your favorite subject in high school? Lunch
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? No one. I was hungry.
8. What is your favorite season? Fall
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? Recliner
10. Who is your favorite pet? All my dogs. Blacky because he loved me. Missy because she was feisty, Max because he was mellow, Mikey because he was gentle, and Pupper, my current dog, because he watches over me. Pets all have their own personalities.

Last edited:
1. What color do you completely dislike? I have to agree with Cat on that ucky color between green and yellow, whatever that is. However, I'm not too big on pink.

2. What is your birthstone? Emerald and I love them.

3. What is your favorite restaurant? Don't really have one. Guess it would have to be "home."

4. What was your very first car? A disgusting 1965 Rambler American. Hated that car. My favorite car was a 1967 gun metal grey, Oldsmobile Toronado.

5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? Math.

6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? Never really had/needed inspiration. I've been cooking, out of necessity, since I was 8. In my later years, Julia Child topped my list of inspirations and still does.

8. What is your favorite season? Spring or fall. I come alive when the weather is mild and there is color all around me.

9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? A beautiful, and quite old, bentwood rocker. It has many precious memories of the times I nursed and rocked my children there.

10. Who is your favorite pet? Both cats, Sally and Bella, and our silly dog, Harley. I've had so many animals in my life, it would be hard to choose only one.

1. What color do you completely dislike? Purple, pink, and pretty much everything in that section of the color wheel.

2. What is your birthstone? Turquoise

3. What is your favorite restaurant? I eat out two or three times a week, and have many favorites.

4. What was your very first car? A bright orange 1972 Pontiac GTO (although it was already 6 years old when I bought it)

5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? World history, computer science, and math (depending on the teacher).

6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? Graham Kerr (aka the Galloping Gourmet)

8. What is your favorite season? Spring

9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? My mother's childhood desk from the 1920s. It's the only piece of furniture that's been with me my entire life.

10. Who is your favorite pet? Our two dogs, Clover and Abby.

Last edited:
1. What color do you completely dislike? orange in any shade
2. What is your birthstone? Turquoise
3. What is your favorite restaurant? Hill St. Cafe'..good "down home" food.
4. What was your very first car? 1959 English Ford
5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? Psychology
6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? mostly my Dad
8. What is your favorite season? Where I live, I like them all, there's really not that much difference but I LOVE the months with daylight savings time.
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? My marble top English tea table.
10. Who is your favorite pet? Her name was Contessa, a precious little Maltese I miss to this day.

1. What color do you completely dislike? Beige. (I think that color between green and yellow is chartreuse.)

2. What is your birthstone? There are three: alexandrite, pearl and moonstone. I like alexandrite the best - it changes colors in different types of light.

3. What is your favorite restaurant? Todd Jurich's Bistro. Food and service are consistently excellent.

4. What was your very first car? Ford Pinto. Not sure of the year. Probably 1972 or so.

5. What was your favorite subject in high school/college? English

6. Who is/was a person who inspired you to cook? Whoever taught the Cooking with Herbs class I attended at a local horticultural center many years ago. Using fresh herbs transformed my cooking.

8. What is your favorite season? Spring. I love the warmth and watching the garden wake up.

9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? My china cabinet.

10. Who is your favorite pet? I can't choose just one. I have loved them all dearly.

Back
Top Bottom