"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #31
Executive Chef

I'm on the phone still now with TMobile
I am furious with them.
been on hold for ever.
they don't care.
I've already cried too many times today.
was on phone with them from midnight to 2 am this morning, still nothing.
on hold, now how much customer service does that show?
none.
I just told the girl my story which was why I was calling still or again, she said, "So what do you want me to tell the supervisor?" I said, "Did you not hear what I've just told you? I am on now with supervisor Tim who is trying to help but I am a sceptic.

More later when this is resolved.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #32
Executive Chef

No resolve.
No resolution.
No nothing fixed.
DH has paid $250 for this service.
He will now have to pay $200 for getting out of the contract.
So two months worth of " NO service " service is going to cost us $450.
My gosh, what is customer service? It is customer NO SERVICE.
T Mobil is going to be cut off at any cost, I couldn't care less.
It will cost us about $650 to get out of T Mobil but maybe another carrier will care. I don't know nor do I care.
Okay, I'm done.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren View Post
Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine was convinced that the Korean manicurists were talking about her? Sure enough, they were....LOL.

I was at the grocery store awhile back and the two clerks (one checking, one bagging) were having quite a conversation about the contents of my grocery cart, in Spanish, of course. Nothing really uncomplimentary, but things like "She must have a very grand house," and "she is buying lots of very expensive food." When they were done, I asked them, in Spanish, to please validate my parking ticket and thanked them for their service. Their mouths were still hanging open when I left.
I had a high school biology teacher (well also chemistry) and so I knew her well. One morning 2 girls were bad mouthing her left and right (her classes were difficult to day the least) and she was miles away.......anyway she finally walked up to the Science building looked them straight in eyes and repeated word for word what they had said. Their mouths dropped to their knees........she informed them to cover their mouths the next time as she wouldn't be able to "read their lips" ....she had been a nurse at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed during WWII and had learned to read lips due to significant hearing impairment. What a woman..........

Way to go, Vera!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #34
Head Chef

I love comeuppance stories. Trouble is, most "service people" fall into the category of too dumb to know they are dumb, so it is lost on them. Circuit City has gone from a company selling off the back of trucks with good service, to a company with excellent service, to a company with bad service. In the meantime, I have watched their stock fall from 100 to 4, and they still don't get it. Unfortunatey, they are not an exception.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Same thing with Home Depot Bg68. They used to be # 1 . Then the good people left for better $$ and more employee friendly # 2 Lowes. Now they're # 1.

Mom couldn't hear out of her left ear. She learned to do the same. Boy, did we learn fast with shiny rear-ends!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #36
Head Chef

I hate customer service. I was a "Customer Service Manager" aka factory rep for one of the big three. I *lived* the job 5 days a week for 3 years.

I got cussed out, threatened, and even had someone take a swing at me. Best decision I ever made was to get out of that racket.

That being said... I always try to be pleasant to people inb the service industry, because I know the job I have. Often, it's returned. when it's not. Oooh boy, can I be a word I can't use on this site.

Of course, my rule of thumb... never mess with the people bringing you your food and drinks until you're done ordering!

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #37
Master Chef

smart boy, ronjohn............and probably healthier
Old 05-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #38
Executive Chef

Could someone give me explanation as t o why another language is permitted in this country? When my folks came here they HAD to learn the language. Not perfect , but could communicate! Being in any job requires communication.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #39
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Could someone give me explanation as t o why another language is permitted in this country? When my folks came here they HAD to learn the language. Not perfect , but could communicate! Being in any job requires communication.
Oh don't even get me started on this.
Funny dumb me, I thought I lived in the good ole US of A. Not Mexico
A lady walked in to my salon one day, spoke only Spanish, I was the only one there and she was trying to ask me something, which not speaking Spanish I had no idea where she was going with her words. I kept saying No Espanole, English por favor. She kept up with her Espanole and I finally said, in English, duh, "Maam, you're in America, you need to speak English here." Not that she understood but I felt a bunch better, I then hugged her because I knew she was having a hard time.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

i really hope she wasn't telling you that she has poison ivy, lefse...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote