More Dave news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, that is such good news! Thanks to all of you who are keeping us in touch with Dave. Such a great guy, with a big heart. I am so happy to hear he is better and that the DC love is flowing...

He was overwhelmed by the love and support and I could tell in his voice that he was teary eyed. He does not feel alone with this community pulling for him. I am sure that he must have the entire staff of the hospital loving him, too. He is that kind of person--he knows no strangers. I loved that when he told me that. He is anxious to go home and cook some pork liver into wurst that he has in the freezer. lol

I am so glad Dave is feeling better. I have another friend on another forum who has cancer, and I can't help but relate to Dave.

Tell him Leo loves him too!

I just spoke with Dave a few minutes ago. We had a lengthy conversation in which he related what had been happening to him medically. I asked him if he'd been "kicking butt and taking names" and he assured me he had done so. In fact, he said he'd banished two doctors that he didn't care for and now had a very nice, capable physician that he liked quite well.

He said the food had improved after he pitched a fit, but was still not doing great in the sleep department. He told me he'd been reading a lot and had several books in reserve when he finished the one he is currently reading.

He sounded a bit tired but positive and was looking forward to watching a sports event on TV the rest of the afternoon.

He wanted me to let everyone at DC how much he appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers and said DC has become one of the best parts of his life.

Keep up the good work Dave!!!!...eat well, sleep well......you'll soon be up and about doing all kinds of things!!!!....with only good vibes being sent your way for a speedy recovery

Dave not only had pneumonia but also pleurisy which was causing chest pain when he was breathing. The pleurisy is gone and I believe he is still getting some breathing treatments for the pneumonia. He is feeling lots better and has an appetite. In fact, he really appreciates all you folks who have been praying and sending your regards. He had a lot of baking questions for me from kolache to challah etc I told him to expect call tomorrow. He chased me off the phone because dinner finally arrived and he was starved. He likes Heath bars and was going to have someone go and get him one.

Thanks to everyone who is keeping us in touch with our good friend Dave. It cheers me to hear that he is complaining about the food. Keep it up, Dave - getting better and getting out of there is the only way you're gonna get a decent meal!

GO DAVE GO!!!! WOOHOO!!!

img_775920_0_681a5ccdbafe64b6753af97fb0400d23.jpg

Thanks to everyone who is keeping us in touch with our good friend Dave. It cheers me to hear that he is complaining about the food. Keep it up, Dave - getting better and getting out of there is the only way you're gonna get a decent meal!
I was just about to say the same thing, when I read this! I'm glad some of you have been keeping in touch with Dave by phone. We aren't able to do so right now, and he sure doesn't need all of us calling, so I'm glad that those of you who are calling are passing along our good wishes.

:)Barbara

Dave, Kim and I are thinking about your!

Love and strength from Connie and Kim!!!!

Attachments

• get_well_soon_graphics_09.gif
    get_well_soon_graphics_09.gif
    37.5 KB · Views: 52
I was just about to say the same thing, when I read this! I'm glad some of you have been keeping in touch with Dave by phone. We aren't able to do so right now, and he sure doesn't need all of us calling, so I'm glad that those of you who are calling are passing along our good wishes.

:)Barbara

I have stressed to Dave that the whole community is concerned and sending their love and prayers for him to get better. He is deeply touched. I am happy to talk to him. Today he was asking me baking questions. If it took his mind off other things all the better. His appetite has improved; he is eating. He is even having cravings. He is such a wonderful man. I think I am getting more out of our discussions than he is. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom