"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #11
Head Chef

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
My grandpa's homemade ice cream.

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
mmm I like right where I'm at, so let's just say: in my 40s!

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Disappear for a few months to some laid back place w/ plenty of sun, sand and an ocean.

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
Getting laid off from an extremely stressful job. I took a wicked cut in pay but I also regained my sanity (and my sense of humor) when it was all said and done.

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why?
I don't give a rip which way the TP rolls, as long as there is some there for me to use.

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
Love Shack by the B52′s

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen?
In high school I worked at the local supper club as a busser and ended up helping out doing whatever ... I was trying to skim the floaters out of a deep fryer and the skimmer slipped out of my hand and grease splashed up onto my fingers. All four fingers on my left hand had blisters between the first and second knuckle - and you can still see the scars.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking?
Adjust the girls (they are forever trying to escape).

9. What really gives you the creeps?
Unexpectedly walking through spider webs.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to?
I like my name! My first name is unique enough that I was the only one who had it in any of my classes at school. And if you ever meet someone who shares my surname, chances are pretty good that we're related.

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special?
Took a road trip with my son when he was just entering high school, from Seattle to South Dakota, up to Northern Minn, over to Yellowstone where we met up with friends. We camped and wandered through Yellowstone, the Tetons, Jackson Hole and then meandered back up to Seattle. Best three weeks ever.

12. Who inspired you to cook?
Everyone!

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

fried shrimp

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 27

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?if it was enough, quit my job and go on a long vacation

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? yes.

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why? wallpaper hangs on the walls, toilet paper hangs on a holder/dispenser. i'm definitely not going to invite some of you to my house, ever!

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?you are my sunshine. my mom has always sung it to her children and grandchildren.

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen? got poked in the eye by a paper airplane.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? look at other people to see what they're up to.

9. What really gives you the creeps? seeing what other people do when they think no one is looking.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? jp morgan vanderbilt rockefeller gates

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special? this past spring on marco island, florida. fishing with wife and son.

12. Who inspired you to cook?my mom, my childhood friends' moms, my first gf's grandmother, and the chefs of all of the restaurants that i've been to that made me want to try to recreate what they made.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
Here we go ..more probing questions !!

spaghetti

I can't decide on one age, and if I were to stay at any age I would never know what it feels like to be 60, or 70, or 80........
a happy dance with Hubby!

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
yes

It doesn't really matter to me. I am just happy that someone used the last of one roll and replaced it with the next.
Away in a Manger

I burn myself all of the time, so I guess it would be when I hit the broiler with my hand and it was such a deep burn that it didn't even hurt at first. That left quite the scar!

Exercises or dances
Someone wanting to mess with my eyes.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to?
I'm ok with my name. My first name was one of the first things my parents gave me, and my last name is one of the first things my husband gave me. I love gifts that come from the heart.

All my vacations with my husband a special, but we went to Road Atalanta Race track for our 25th wedding anniversary and went through a race car driving school. It was a great feeling of accomplishment as well as a wonderful vacation in a place that really does have fantastic locals.
Mom.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Hot Chips

39, things go downhill after 40

Pay off the mortgage, invest, an overseas holiday, a new car and I would buy something really nice for mum, maybe a new car too

Cant think of anything right now

Over the top, just like it that way

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

Paper cut

Sing, I love to sing...but I dont mind singing in front of people either

Spiders

I like my name just as is

Going to the UK and meeting Steve for the first time, very special and exciting moment indeed

My mum, she is a great cook