More Questions - The Dirty Dozen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
Here we go ..more probing questions !!

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why?

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen?

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking?

9. What really gives you the creeps?

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to?

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special?

12. Who inspired you to cook?

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Creamed mushrooms on toast

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 40 - that's when my life started changing for the good

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Give to my church and family, then pay off bills and finally travel

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? All the time - biggest was meeting this know-it-all computer geek who 10 years later became my awesome husband! :)

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why? Rolling over/forward, because we couldn't reach it otherwise (it is across from the toilet)

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it? "The Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen? When I first got my new pro knives on the second day of culinary school. Within 5 minutes I cut myself and it was so sharp I didn't even know until someone pointed out the blood on my board

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? If I told I wouldn't be able to do it anymore! ;) (actually I can't think of anything)

9. What really gives you the creeps? Anything in the rodent family or even associated to them. Except maybe for Mickey Mouse (seriously)!

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? Lauren Green. The first because I like it better than the "ie" ending of my name and the second as it is my Mom's maiden name. Also, it is very close to a very famous Canadian Actor!

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special? The honeymoon that a bunch of friends went in on for us three months after we eloped - three days and nights at a resort on Vancouver Island outside of Nanaimo. It is on the ocean and set into a forest. We also got most of our meals included and the food was incredible! It was also one of the few times that we got away together before and since that didn't involve visiting family or friends - just the two of us!

12. Who inspired you to cook?My Mom and grandmother. They both had so much passion cooking for their families and they both allowed me to help from a really young age. I also started following Julia Child when I was a teenager.

Last edited:
I was a spinach and beef liver lover.

I really don't have a wish to be any age but what I am now.

Create a trust to collect the winnings.

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
Yes, my divorce was the best worst thing that ever happened to me.

Over the top, because I don't have kids and the cats are not allowed in the bathroom so they can't ruin the TP playing with it.

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Had hot oil run up the tongs I was using and burn my hand and arm.

Practice smiling.

Watching horror movies.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to?
Fred...just because it's been the name for my imaginary friend all my life.

Astoria, Oregon...first real vacation for Shrek and me, not spent with family, just us.
My Mom...I learned to cook in self-defense and I liked food. Mom doesn't like to cook, so she ruins it regularly.

Toasted tomato sandwich

Age 35 becaue that was about the time I settled myself down

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Buy a single level house, help my family and friends financially and donate a substantial amount to the humane society. Then I would get a new pair of slippers.

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Yes .. my divorce. Seemed like the end of the world, but what it did was open the door for me to find the love of my life - my husband. We never would have met if not for that divorce.

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why? Over the top because I can see it and when I tried it under it always seemed to just keep on rolling all the way to the floor !

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it? Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen? It was getting cut on BBQ sauce ! I had done chicken in the oven, drenched it in BBQ sauce, it carmelized. When I was wiping the baking dish the carmelized BBQ sauce was like glass and cut my hand pretty good.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? I dance LOL

9. What really gives you the creeps? Spiders and mice ... shivers !!!

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? Maggie .. just always liked that name.

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special? A trip to Las Vegas. DH planned the entire trip and left no detail untouched. We renewed our wedding vows and it was simply the best and most memorable trip ever .. he treated me like royalty .. great trip !!

12. Who inspired you to cook? My step-mom was eager to share the kitchen. She taught me the basics and planted a little seed that has never stopped growing .. I am forever grateful to her for that.

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Fried chicken made by my adopted mother. I still crave her awesome juicy, crispy fried chicken.

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? Not sure. Seems like so much of my life has been a struggle. In view of that, I would have to say the age I am now. My life is settled, I'm loved, happy and secure.

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off our only debt...our house. Set up financial protection for the rest and insure that when I'm gone, my children will benefit from my windfall.

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Two things. First the divorce from my first husband, which led to my 32 years with Buck. Then, Buck's death, which led me to Glenn.

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why? Doesn't hang anywhere. Ours is on a vertical stand on the floor. Four rolls are stacked vertically on top of each other on a metal rod/shaft. Top roll is used first.

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it? No one song. There are many songs that make my happy glands leap.

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen? So far nothing strange. Just the normal cuts, scrapes and burns.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? Nothing comes to mind.
9. What really gives you the creeps? Spiders and snakes. Ugh!!!!

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? First name. Already did it, though. About 30 years ago I had my name changed from it's English version to the Gaelic version to preserve my Irish ethnic heritage.

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special? The vacation(s) Buck and I took in October to North Carolina's Outer Banks. We tent-camped on the dunes, relaxed, fished and did absolutely nothing each time we went. These vacations were especially important because both of us were under a huge amount of stress in our jobs and from ex-spouses.

No one person. I was thrust into cooking for my family when I was 8-years-old out of necessity. As I got older, I discovered I enjoyed it and made it a point to study and learn. Initially, It was through a myriad of cookbooks, then early TV chefs such as Graham Kerr and, of course, Julia child.

Any seafood or shell fish.

10 y.o. It was my last year on the farm and I still miss it.

Place half of it in an untouchable trust fund for one year while I consider what to do with it.

Outliving two husbands. But I discovered that I like living alone.

Over the top because if you buy printed paper it doesn't show if it is under.

Ave Verum by Mozart and any Strauss Waltz.

I split the top of a finger open from one of those key openers on cans like the old Spam cans or coffee cans. The key unsprung and split the top of a finger open down to the bone.

Try to walk without a limp.

Coming upon dead rotting wild animals.

I wouldn't. I like both my names. Although I am getting tired of folks asking me if I have ever heard of the singer named Adele. No stupid. I live in a bubble wearing ear plugs. Although I would just get rid of my middle name and not replace it.

Two weeks in Wash. and Ore. I was with a very special friend and we both had no worries for two whole weeks. I also got to show him a world that a kid from the projects never dreamt of seeing. Like a real rodeo, cattle being branded, etc. He also saw a field of amber waves of grain waving in the wind. He had never even seen a farm. He grew up an inner city kid.

My mother. When there were no conveniences in the kitchen like a mixer or electric stove. Everything from scratch. :angel:

Last edited:

Spinach with Maize meal (Pap and morogo) It's still my favourite.

I like the changes that come with growing older. I don't want to repeat any age.

Die from shock :LOL:

Nope, when I make bad decisions I do it properly. If I think it's bad, it's usually worse!

Paper over the top because it just looks right!!!!

KT Tunstall- Black horse and a cherry tree. I just can't help singing along.

I was making a biltong sandwich and cut my finger. There was blood everywhere, it squirted like in a bad horror movie. I almost thought my finger came off :LOL:
I started looking for it but it was still attached to my hand. Even the Dr was surprised to see it only needed 6 stitches.

Pluck my eye brows :angel:

When people allow their dogs to lick them in the face. It freaks me out and open wardrobes at night, I always think someone is hiding in there!

My last name has changed enough times, the novelty has worn off :LOL:

My holiday to Cape Town 3 years ago. It was the first holiday with both my kids and I got to spend lots of quality time with them.

My dad, his cooking was so bad I had to learn to feed myself before I got scurvy.

Last edited:
Brownies, grilled burgers, sloppy joes

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? I like my age right now, sometimes my legs would say they wish they were 20's again.

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Split some with some family, take a nice vacation and give some to charity. If there was any more, then trust fund it.

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? getting laid off from a job that I was in a perpetual rut. There are so many more worthwhile job opportunities if you are forced into looking and making strategic decisions.

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why? Over the top and about a foot of over-hang for the youngest cat to play with.

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it? Taj Mahal -- Cakewalk Into Town

Taj Mahal - Cakewalk into town (original version, 1972, good quality) - YouTube

Knife cuts on fingers. Always a surprise, you can be careful and accidents still happen. And it's a surprise that keeps repeating.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? I have to be careful on this one. I rest my hand where it's warm and then sometimes I play with the twins.

9. What really gives you the creeps? Scary Movies. Don't like 'em at the theater and certainly don't watch them at home alone.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? I am named after my Grampa. As are a couple cousins. His daughters must have loved him. He died when I was too little to remember him.

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special? when we were in our 20's, we quit our jobs and travelled to Mexico for 6 months. We went almost all over the country. I think today I appreciate Mexican culture more than I did at the time. Another time I asked, do you remember that time we drove on vac and took turns reading Anna Karinina out loud to each other. ( oops, t'wasnt her)

12. Who inspired you to cook? Easy. My Mom. She was not a good cook. Ok baker and she canned and froze lots. But cook --no. I learned to make most dinners starting at about age 10.

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Mashed potatoes and corn

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 12 the last age I remember my sleep apnea not giving me issues.

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Quit my job

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Sure

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why? It doesn't, it just sits on the toilet tank.

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it? Gris - La Dryade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1FddQVkpI&list=FL5nSQGTHBiNTa19sDICGykw&index=118

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen? I'm not sure what classifies as strange.. But I cut myself coring tomato's after finding out our tomato corer and utility knives were missing and being told to use the big chef's knife.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? Scratch

9. What really gives you the creeps? Knowing that mainstream music is in fact mainstream.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? Zzyxk Zyxzavarq

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special? Curacao. It was all inclusive. Need I say more?

12. Who inspired you to cook? I just kind of started when I was told I couldn't have any cookies.

1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?Saltine crackers, hard boiled eggs, and canned spinach.

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 32

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off my mortgage.

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?I agreed to work on a contract for 60 days. Turned out to be 4 years. The longest 60 days of my life, but it allowed me to put a down payment on my house.

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why?If you are sitting on the toilet, the roll unwinds so that it comes over the top of the roll. Why? I'm left handed.

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it? Singing in the Rain.

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen? I got a cut on my finger from the film wrap box film cutter.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? Check my personal email when on a client's site.

9. What really gives you the creeps? Picking up headless chicken corpses.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? Already did that. Changed my first name to the name on my baptismal certificate.

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special?The summer I spent in Stockholm. Just was.

12. Who inspired you to cook? My maternal grandma and my aunt. Both amazing cooks.

Last edited:
My grandpa's homemade ice cream.

mmm I like right where I'm at, so let's just say: in my 40s!

Disappear for a few months to some laid back place w/ plenty of sun, sand and an ocean.

Getting laid off from an extremely stressful job. I took a wicked cut in pay but I also regained my sanity (and my sense of humor) when it was all said and done.

I don't give a rip which way the TP rolls, as long as there is some there for me to use.

Love Shack by the B52′s

In high school I worked at the local supper club as a busser and ended up helping out doing whatever ... I was trying to skim the floaters out of a deep fryer and the skimmer slipped out of my hand and grease splashed up onto my fingers. All four fingers on my left hand had blisters between the first and second knuckle - and you can still see the scars.

Adjust the girls (they are forever trying to escape).

Unexpectedly walking through spider webs.

I like my name! My first name is unique enough that I was the only one who had it in any of my classes at school. And if you ever meet someone who shares my surname, chances are pretty good that we're related.

Took a road trip with my son when he was just entering high school, from Seattle to South Dakota, up to Northern Minn, over to Yellowstone where we met up with friends. We camped and wandered through Yellowstone, the Tetons, Jackson Hole and then meandered back up to Seattle. Best three weeks ever.

Everyone!

fried shrimp

2. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 27

3. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?if it was enough, quit my job and go on a long vacation

4. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? yes.

5. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall and why? wallpaper hangs on the walls, toilet paper hangs on a holder/dispenser. i'm definitely not going to invite some of you to my house, ever! :huh:

6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?you are my sunshine. my mom has always sung it to her children and grandchildren.

7. What is the strangest injury you got in the kitchen? got poked in the eye by a paper airplane.

8. What do you do when you think no one is looking? look at other people to see what they're up to.

9. What really gives you the creeps? seeing what other people do when they think no one is looking.

10. If you got to change your name (first or last or both) what would you change it to? jp morgan vanderbilt rockefeller gates

11. The best vacation you've had .. where was it and what made it so special? this past spring on marco island, florida. fishing with wife and son.

12. Who inspired you to cook? my mom, my childhood friends' moms, my first gf's grandmother, and the chefs of all of the restaurants that i've been to that made me want to try to recreate what they made.

Last edited:

spaghetti

I can't decide on one age, and if I were to stay at any age I would never know what it feels like to be 60, or 70, or 80........
a happy dance with Hubby!

yes

It doesn't really matter to me. I am just happy that someone used the last of one roll and replaced it with the next.
Away in a Manger

I burn myself all of the time, so I guess it would be when I hit the broiler with my hand and it was such a deep burn that it didn't even hurt at first. That left quite the scar!

Exercises or dances
Someone wanting to mess with my eyes.

I'm ok with my name. My first name was one of the first things my parents gave me, and my last name is one of the first things my husband gave me. I love gifts that come from the heart. :)

All my vacations with my husband a special, but we went to Road Atalanta Race track for our 25th wedding anniversary and went through a race car driving school. It was a great feeling of accomplishment as well as a wonderful vacation in a place that really does have fantastic locals.
Mom.

Last edited:
Hot Chips

39, things go downhill after 40 :ROFLMAO:

Pay off the mortgage, invest, an overseas holiday, a new car and I would buy something really nice for mum, maybe a new car too

Cant think of anything right now

Over the top, just like it that way

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

Paper cut

Sing, I love to sing...but I dont mind singing in front of people either

Spiders

I like my name just as is

Going to the UK and meeting Steve for the first time, very special and exciting moment indeed

My mum, she is a great cook

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom