"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Originally Posted by pdswife
Alarm goes off.
I moan.
Weigh self.
I would moan again at this point!--Barbara
Take shower.
turn coffee pot on.
Check email.
Get dressed/ dry hair.
Get cuppa coffee.
Finish emailing.
Go to work.
Get lemon tea.
Start working.

oh..the moaning doesn't stop! I do it all day! lol

Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #32
Head Chef

Oh my gosh, I am tired just reading all of this. I feel so guilty telling you all this, but we don't get up and go to work....we're blessedly retired. (I'm not gloating, I'm not gloating, I'm not gloating).Before we retired, it was up at 5 am every day - now we wake up sometime between 7 and 8, usually because our little dog Bob has sailed over the wall again and is barking in the street. This morning, it was because one of the kitties brought us a half-consumed mouse and deposited it in the middle of our bed. Coffee is ready to go - DH punches the button on his way to the dog food; I feed the three kitties. By then, it's outside to the back patio for coffee. Watch the hummingbirds feud over the feeder, watch the sun come up over the mountains, no newspaper. After our first cup, we go check email at our own computers and the day takes off from there.
Oh yes, I know that I am very blessed!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Don't feel guilty!!! You did your share of real life now go out and enjoy the fantasy life we all dream about.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #34
Head Chef

Oh thanks, pds! I said to my daughter not long ago, "I am living my dream." And she said, "Mom, you're living everybody's dream!" Well, I'm not sure everybody would enjoy the hot and humid weather like we do, but it is a good life we lead.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #35
Executive Chef

LOL, I'm retired too!! Dh is trying, but hasn't gotten the hang of it yet
Old 05-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I never use an alarm. Just "tell" myself before I go to bed what time I want too rise. Never been problem, even when I worked for someone else.

My routine is pretty much the same every day. Over the last several years I haven't been able to "sleep in." Buck can sleep the day way and usually does on weekends and holidays.

Most of the time I'm up by 7:30. Head downstairs to feed indoor and outdoor furry children. In the cold months that means taking the chill off the outdoor kitties' milk by nuking it for a few seconds.

Once the children are fed, watered and litter boxes are attended to, I prepare whatever breakfast we'll have. On weekends I make a more elaborate brunch-like meal, since Buck doesn't usually roll out of the sack before 11 a.m.

When breakfast/brunch is done, I get on to daily chores. They vary according to the day. For instance, tomorrow (Thursday) is laundry/cleaning day. Always has been.

Every second Wednesday (today is one) I drive the 30 miles to the nearest big town to do our shopping. That takes all day. I usually leave at about 9 a.m. and pull into the driveway about 5 p.m. or later. Those days I'm on the go all day long. Today included 23 stops.

Some mornings I go to our shop to work on customer projects. Other mornings I work on them at home.

Still, other mornings are spent writing or doing research.

We're supposed to be retired. Ha. Ha.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #37
Head Chef

Up at 5:15, shower, coffee, morning news, make lunches, off to work.