Mosquito Remedies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought Cuban cigars were illegal. You must be in Canada! Or a really good smuggler.

I do love a good Cuban cigar, only in Mexico though.
They're the best I've ever smoked.
Have a lay person friend who's active with the Catholic Church. He's brought back me a few from his church affiliated visits.
I like to think of them as undocumented aliens :angel:.

justplainbill said:
They're the best I've ever smoked.
Have a lay person friend who's active with the Catholic Church. He's brought back me a few from his church affiliated visits.
I like to think of them as undocumented aliens :angel:.

Jealous! Dominican cigars are OK, and legal here, but the Cubans...I am not an afficiando, but they are good!

Deet is the way to go, but you need to be careful using it around young kids. Deet will keep thos suckers away though. The more Deet the more they will say away.

I have heard that those little Off fan things only owrk if you sit still in one place...so I've heard.

Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide so the fans work to blow your expelled CO2 away from you so the buggers don't "see" you as well.

So does that mean that folks who huff and puff a lot are mosquito magnets?

Garlic, I swear by it. They don't bother me at all. I sat outside the other night with a co-worker. The mosquitoes drove her nuts, on the side of her body away from me.

Garlic, I swear by it. They don't bother me at all. I sat outside the other night with a co-worker. The mosquitoes drove her nuts, on the side of her body away from me.

Do you smear it on yourself? Cuz I eat enough that they should hate me. Really.

Thanks UB! I'm going to look into that Deet stuff.

And I'll make sure to keep the hanky panky out of the hammock in the backyard. :LOL:;)

Do you smear it on yourself? Cuz I eat enough that they should hate me. Really.

Thanks UB! I'm going to look into that Deet stuff.

And I'll make sure to keep the hanky panky out of the hammock in the backyard. :LOL:;)

Dunno, Alix...I just eat alot...maybe they don't like me, pout!

be careful with deet. it's nasty stuff. try not to spray it on your skin.

i buy ben's 100 which is 100% deet, which i mixed down with avon's to about 85% sss, 15% deet. and even at that ratio it causes my lips to become numb when i spray it on myself in buggy conditions.

on one of my worst days hiking in tropical yucatan, i was beset upon by mosquitos that were so big that they were seen to carry off small children into the sunset. ;)

deet was the only thing that worked, but i've wondered what it's done to my body.

not to mention canoe trips in the jersey pine barrons where you had to wear a beekeeers hat the whole time or get eaten alive.

Back
Top Bottom